OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GBAtemp game of the week- week #2
Stafi
Welcome to week #2 of the GBAtemp book game club. For those that are just joining us every week we pick a game and those that wish to go and play it before discussing it the following week.
It will usually be from one of the systems we normally cover but from them it could be anything- an overlooked early release, a release overshadowed by another, a hack we feel needs showcasing, some homebrew or something else entirely. Our only aim is to pick something engaging.[/p]

The Legendary Starfy

Known in Japan as Densetsu no Stafi: Taiketsu! Dairu Kaizokudan it is at present the only one of Tose's very highly regarded platformer series Densetsu no Stafy to appear outside Japan (not that it really matters- all should be more or less fully playable without so much as knowing the difference between Kana and Kanji). Some might be inclined to dismiss it as a Kirby clone but we hold that would be wrong and that is why it is our pick for week 2 of the GBAtemp book game club.[/p]

go5003.png
GBAtemp release thread

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjXpRWl4hAg[/youtube]​

discuss.png
 Discuss

Next week- something other than a Tose game.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&search_tags=gbagotw&search_app= should get you other links in this series

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the Stafi games. I remember when I learned about Stafi through Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga I decided to try playing it using an emulator. Even though Stafi is a lot like Kirby, it has quite a few differences. And yes, I still call him Stafi. I've called him that for too long to stop now.

Anyway, I guess I have a good excuse to play the ds game again.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, another worthy pick. Yet it surprised me the lukewarm response the game received when it finally got localized for the west. Guess there's always something more alluring about that which you cannot have. Wonderful game, though. More proof that a game doesn't need to be hard to be fun.

Still on my card, by the way -- has been since it released.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh dear God, I loved this game. I never 100% it, but I really enjoyed it none-the-less.

I just wish us English speakers had some back story on what was going on... I was confused when new characters were introduced but we were expected to know them and the stories they told.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Tonitonichopchop said:
SamAsh07 said:
I never heard of this game, am I missing something worthwhile here?
huh.gif

If you like Kirby, you missed out, but if you don't, then chances are you won't like this game.
I don't like Kirby, I love it
wub.gif
especially Kirbys Epic Yarn loool, that was one "different" Kirby game.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
SamAsh07, since you love Kirby, I would advise you get this game! It's awesome,fun,and cute all at the same time!!!!!

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i definitely remember this game but i was a little skeptical that this would be a great game besides i had a bad connection
it would seem fast knows more than just programming and hardware hacking... just kiddin

Oops it seems i had actually got this game lol... thanks reviewers of that time and now

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks awesome, wonder if it'll run at full speed in DeSmuME though.

Also, anyone else notice the use of Comic Sans in the trailer? :|

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This was the first game I ever played on my flashcart... Oh god, I loved it so much, but the final boss... I never beat it,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it