GBAtemp Deal: 40% off BittBoy units with exclusive offer [Sponsored]

LittleFlame

Local Bruh.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sooo, this is a shitty portable version, filled to the brim with illegal roms, which the temp supposedly condemns, which Temp themselves have reviewed to being an actual piece of garbage, yet they FP it in a sponsorship deal...

what the hell

not gonna lie, kinda disappointed with the decision to take this sponsorship, and I especially like that when someone speaks out against it, people just write the guy off as a troll, even though he was semi-right

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I also read the user review, and it wasn't very good.
If you want a portable NES emulator you can just get a 3DS for $130 dollars and emulate NES, as well as other consoles. And if you want to take it even further get an NVIDIA potable tablet. They're pretty good from what I've heard.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

LittleFlame

Local Bruh.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I also read the user review, and it wasn't very good.
If you want a portable NES emulator you can just get a 3DS for $130 dollars and emulate NES, as well as other consoles. And if you want to take it even further get an NVIDIA potable tablet. They're pretty good from what I've heard.
or use your phone

Naendow

Brick-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The system includes 300 games, which are mostly not worth to talk about, and there is no way to add games? Beside of that, I'd call the fake microSD slot kind of as a scam. The emulation also isn't the best. The BittBoy sounds like one of thousand other clone systems from china, which are normally way cheaper to get.

I am really wondering why GBAtemp offer this deal when the product is so bad.

Last edited by Naendow,
D

Deleted User

or use your phone
Tactile controls can be everything. It's pretty much the only thing the 3DS has over even lower-end phones.

Sure, you could hook up a Bluetooth controller to your phone, but that's bulky, inefficient, and feels just plain weird.

aaronz77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to open mine up to clean the screen when I unboxed mine. I paid full price about 6 Months ago and the build quality was not so great.

LuLuLu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.bittboy.com
XP
Country
United States
If only it has better emulation and micro sd card support so you can load your own ROMs or custom ROMs, it would be a great deal.
This is NES for crying out loud. Even a GBA with flashcart can emulate it better.
If you already have a smartphone, then any emulator for NES would run it with no limitations on games.
I think the whole library of NES alone would only take about 200-300MB[/QUOTE]

Yes, the next bittboy version will be updated with SD card, support load more NES games in it.

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
no u

But seriously, though, it's hard to dismiss an entire subset of computer programs and dedicated emulation hardware just because of one bad apple. Besides, with stuff like save states, cloud backup, and online multiplayer for games released 20+ years ago, I'd say that emulation is pretty freakin' cool.

That said, I'm underwhelmed by the BitBoy. You'd think that it'd at least be able to play Game Boy games, given the form factor. My toaster can emulate the NES and several more powerful systems to boot, so having a device that only plays NES games isn't a good deal, IMO.
I mean the Bittboy emulation sucks :P

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I mean the Bittboy emulation sucks :P
Sorry, misunderstood what you meant :P

In that case, totally, the BitBoy has all sorts of weird emulation issues. You'd have thought they'd put a little more effort into the hardware, especially considering we now have computers that can emulate the NES through software available for $5.

LuLuLu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.bittboy.com
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't GBAtemp be advertising good products instead of trying to fool their user base into buying this trash. I feel offended that you would try to pass it off as something good to your users just for money, when even your own reporters trashed it.

That's not even the problem. The problem is that it's missing so many of the great NES games (no Super Mario or Zelda for starters) and you can't add your own games. Most of the 300 games are actually trashy bootleg/homebrew games. There are maybe 50-60 or so real games at most. Which would be fine for the price if they were all of the best NES games, but they're not. All the other little issues could be ignored for the price.

The bittboy include super mario. Next bittboy version will support SD card to load more NES games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

with that button set up i thought it would play SNES games .... ah well

Only play FC/NES games.

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, misunderstood what you meant :P

In that case, totally, the BitBoy has all sorts of weird emulation issues. You'd have thought they'd put a little more effort into the hardware, especially considering we now have computers that can emulate the NES through software available for $5.

The choice of games is also abysmal. Just look at all those weird romhacks lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival