GBAtemp Arcade Competition #2

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Our sponsor Etcome is offering a new round of free stuff this month: we're going to be shipping out state-of-the-art Nintendo DS flashcards every week for 1 month, this being the second competition of 4.

Competition #1 results
Congratulations to Schmendrick, stratis10, gbatempfan10, PsyBlade and mjax, the top 5 scorers for Deep trip. I will get in touch with you soon to arrange prize offering. (PS: winners of Tempmas runner-up prizes from the merchandise store, please patient as deliveries are being delayed due to chinese new year holidays).

What to do
This week, you're required to play Bug, a new game we've just set up on our arcade. Attention: this game comes with a limited number of levels (100 levels). Consequently, the first 5 members to beat the game completely will be getting an R4i Gold Plus Deluxe Edition, one of the best 3DS-compatible DS flashcarts available on the market. If no one beats the game by January 31st, 23:59 GMT, the top scorers will be rewarded instead. Note: don't worry about beating the game too quickly, this game gets extremely difficult past the first levels and you'll need countless hours to get to the end. IMPORTANT: players who manage to reach level 100 are *required* to send me a screenshot of the last level before completing it. Otherwise they cannot be entered.

Rules
You must be a registered member of GBAtemp to be able to play the game and save your score. Staff is also eligible. We have strong anti-cheat mechanisms in action and anyone trying to bypass them will be severely punished.

R4i Gold Plus Deluxe
This DS flashcard offers some of the most interesting features on the market:
- Nintendo 3DS compatible (won't play 3DS roms, at least not yet)
- Slow motion feature
- Real time save & guide features
- WiFi real-time firmware upgrade
- tons more, check them all out here

Many thanks to our sponsors Etcome for providing tons of gifts again!​

icon11.gif
Check out the official site of the R4i Gold Plus Deluxe

Reactions: 1 person

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
Our sponsor Etcome is offering a new round of free stuff this month: we're going to be shipping out state-of-the-art Nintendo DS flashcards every week for 1 month, this being the second competition of 4.

Competition #1 results
Congratulations to Schmendrick, stratis10, gbatempfan10, PsyBlade and mjax, the top 5 scorers for Deep trip. I will get in touch with you soon to arrange prize offering. (PS: winners of Tempmas runner-up prizes from the merchandise store, please patient as deliveries are being delayed due to chinese new year holidays).

What to do
This week, you're required to play Bug, a new game we've just set up on our arcade. Attention: this game comes with a limited number of levels (100 levels). Consequently, the first 5 members to beat the game completely will be getting an R4i Gold Plus Deluxe Edition, one of the best 3DS-compatible DS flashcarts available on the market. If no one beats the game by January 31st, 23:59 GMT, the top scorers will be rewarded instead. Note: don't worry about beating the game too quickly, this game gets extremely difficult past the first levels and you'll need countless hours to get to the end.

Rules
You must be a registered member of GBAtemp to be able to play the game and save your score. Staff is also eligible. We have strong anti-cheat mechanisms in action and anyone trying to bypass them will be severely punished.

R4i Gold Plus Deluxe
This DS flashcard offers some of the most interesting features on the market:
- Nintendo 3DS compatible (won't play 3DS roms, at least not yet)
- Slow motion feature
- Real time save & guide features
- WiFi real-time firmware upgrade
- tons more, check them all out here

Many thanks to our sponsors Etcome for providing tons of gifts again!​

icon11.gif
Check out the official site of the R4i Gold Plus Deluxe
Thank you Costello :)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Agh, that game is hard. Couldn't even get past level 6 (on my first try, I'm not gonna waste too much time on this). And the worst part is it doesn't save your progress, so if you close the webpage or submit your score you'll have to start all over again.

mjax

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you Costello, GBAtemp and Etcome. Congratulations to all the other winners. Thanks Schmendrick for the pointers.

I think it should be mentioned on the first post that, "those who have already won a prize in a previous Arcade Competition may play the new game and build the top-score but they will not be eligible to win a prize again so as to give the others a chance to win as well."

Ofcourse, ignore it if it doesn't apply, but I think it will only be fair to hold that rule.

Bug is fun, I just reached Level-6. Thanks and good luck to all.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I just reached level 11, but it's burning my brains off so I'll just stop for now :P
I could probably get a bit further if I tried harder but gee it's difficult

Felipe_9595

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
On level 11, i'm gonna beat you costello ! :P

EDIT: :rofl: level 11 is one of the most easy levels. ( no kidding )

And level 12??? thats laughtable XDD

Well, 6 am, didnt sleep, not planning to do it, so i think i am going to make myself some cofee and start solving this puzzles (Lv 17 ATM)

Felipe_9595

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Level 24 right now, let me check how many time did it take xPP

EDIT: 1 Hour with 23 minutes to finish the first 23 levels. I think i can finish it by the end of the day (Hope my notebook doesnt shutdown)

EDIT 2: Level 39 and i pressed restart game ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;_________________________;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Does the moves taken affects the score in any ways?

EDIT: When you walk into a wall sometimes you suddenly get teleported to another level with 100+ move.

mjax

Trophies
XP
Country
Does the moves taken affects the score in any ways?

EDIT: When you walk into a wall sometimes you suddenly get teleported to another level with 100+ move.

Moves do not affect the score, I think. You win as many points as the level number you reach and click submit. Whoever reaches level 100 first, takes a screenshot, beats it and then submits the score will win a prize or whoever finishes the highest level number will win a prize. 5 top scorers will be the winners. Correct me if am wrong.

I myself randomly got teleported once and I didn't pay much attention to it but now that you mentioned about it.... I think it must be some kind of bug.

This game is too difficult for me, so much of thinking is involved. I give up at level 15...

Felipe_9595

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
This game is really hardcore. Level 24 is insane. I was stuck in that level for at least 1 hour (AND I DIDNT SAVE THE SOLUTION GOD). I am going to reach at least level 80 before giving up (I want that R4 xD)

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Finished 35th level and got a serious headache. I don't think I'll try that again...ugh the pain...going to take a nap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back