Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
KingdomBlade said:
How about other factors of the PC, like How to install linux, or how to program in C or something?

nothing that is running on a PC/Mac will fall under our categories. we had to choose carefully what categories would benefit gbatemp without extending to far so that we could make sure we had enough prizes. there just wasn't room for a PC/Mac related category of any kind. any tutorials about those (be it an emulator running in windows, how to install linux, how to code in mIRC, etc) will not be eligible for any prizes.

again, the categories are:
c27.gif
Nintendo DS & DSi hacking and homebrew tutorials
c105.gif
Nintendo Wii hacking and homebrew tutorials
c236.gif
Sony PSP hacking and homebrew tutorials
c219.gif
Sony PS3 hacking and homebrew tutorials
c240.gif
Tutorials for other "alternative" consoles (Dingoo, GP2X...)

i hope that clears it up.

-another world

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Still can't find something that HASN'T been done on GBAtemp already....FAQs are all done, it's all down to HowTos and Glossaries then...
unsure.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:
Still can't find something that HASN'T been done on GBAtemp already....FAQs are all done, it's all down to HowTos and Glossaries then...
unsure.gif
Actually I believe there's ONE thing that's been asked about, but I've never seen a guide/FAQ for it here (yet)
wink.gif
- the problem is that although I've done it 'one way', there are other methods of doing it that I don't know how to
frown.gif

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
CannonFoddr said:
SamAsh07 said:
unsure.gif
Actually I believe there's ONE thing that's been asked about, but I've never seen a guide/FAQ for it here (yet)
wink.gif
- the problem is that although I've done it 'one way', there are other methods of doing it that I don't know how to
frown.gif
Lol, dammit. Need to find something, I love entering competitions even if I've never won one in my whole life lol.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
this is definitely gonna be dominated by rydian, if he participates that is. Wouldnt this create multiple/duplicate/redundant tutorials like for the wii, i have seen multiple ones. Maybe its about refining the ones already posted.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
shakirmoledina said:
[...]Wouldnt this create multiple/duplicate/redundant tutorials like for the wii, i have seen multiple ones. Maybe its about refining the ones already posted.
To prevent duplicates and get a better chance to win, participants could just tell what they are planning. But it's not an obligation.
Sometime you can think that you will do better then the other user, you think you can cover more things, get more detailed informations, do a noob guide instead of an advanced guide, or the other way, then you'll have a chance to win too.
Refining the one already posted is also a good idea if it really needs updates and a lot of changes since the scene is evolving, and some tutorials and guides may not be updated that often. If it's only a little update, then it will be considered a duplicate guide, and will be removed.

I just started a Guide for PS3 Homebrew's multiMAN.
It will cover installation, game management, and basic knowledge on the other functionalities of multiMAN and how to use them.

I'm still trying to define the layout, what is useful for complete noob and what is too advanced.
I hope it will benefit many users.

Section: PS3
Theme: multiMAN
Type: tutorial, beginner's guide, how to, maybe faq.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:
CannonFoddr said:
SamAsh07 said:
unsure.gif
wink.gif
frown.gif
Lol, dammit. Need to find something, I love entering competitions even if I've never won one in my whole life lol.
Well since I don't need ANY of those cards on offer (I've already got 3 of the 4) I'll tell you what the 'thing' is - might give you an idea.......

"How to grab screen shots/videos from a DS via Emulator or Still/video camera"

FYI - I did a video a year ago about how I did my scribblenaut battle videos using a still camera (capable of taking videos) & a tripod, & I did manage to do a couple using an emulator (but that was a bugger to get right) - so a guide of how to do it might be one idea

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
I just might do one myself. I've been lurking on Wii and DS forums for easily 6 months now, time to put that knowledge to good use.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...