MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
can we make video tutorials?? like... we want to explain something, but which would be much better explained with a video... can we do it? or include videos made by us, about the tutorial, in the middle of the tutorial?

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KingdomBlade said:
There's a problem with that. IF the topics are locked, they become locked from editing also.
This is true but you are a culprit of the flaming etc.
QUOTE(tj_cool @ May 2 2011, 05:19 PM) I don't think this is a good idea. People may have valid questions and suggestions.
Locking will also prevent the author from editing it himself.
I didn't realise that locking the thread prevented the owner from editing, perhaps in the future for events like this there could be another feature for users where you can open a thread but lock it yourself in a way where you can edit the first post and nobody can post in it. this could be used for various news articles and tutorials.
Whilst the idea isn't perfect perhaps someone could improve on it.

Or perhaps anybody flaming in any tutorial gets an instant warn? because whilst some people may make a tutorial that appears to be useless (someone will require said tutorial at some point, not everybody is an expert in everything or computer literate) having threads full these comments means more work for the admin, the threat of an instant warn may help to reduce the flaming in such threads whilst the competition is running.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If the homebrew forum were modified to be of similar structure to the blog section this should solve all the above issues.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Another excellent initiative, this is exactly how to keep this forum growing!
Can't wait to see some PSP tutorials, only had the PSP for a few days so still have a lot to learn.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
F. Lobot said:
Can I submit a guide simply put "Just use Modmii™"?
rofl.gif

And how do we submit it? Just post it in the appropriate section?

D

Deleted_171835

Great idea.

Most of the guides in the competition so far have been of a low quality. It seems that they rushed in an effort to possibly win something. Hopefully, I'll be able to make a good guide in time.

Also, are we allowed to post an existing guide but with significant changes (e.g, new section and pics)?

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
SamAsh07 said:
tj_cool can we post tutorials we have already done on some other site??

One of our main rules for the competition specifically forbids that.

QUOTENo copy-pasting from other sites (or from existing tutorials on the 'temp). Doing so will result in a warn and your entry will be deleted.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hmm ok, many have been c/ped from their other sites so was just asking if it's possible to do so lol.

EDIT:- @SoulSnatcher you are right most of them were rush jobs (like mine), and some were copy pasted directly from other sites. But I can assure you I'm working on a better tutorial
wink.gif
will take 2 weeks to post it in perfect shape hopefully.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
SamAsh07 said:
Hmm ok, many have been c/ped from their other sites so was just asking if it's possible to do so lol.

If you spot any like that it would be appreciated if you reported the guide with a link to the copied source.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Rydian said:
What about tutorials that involve both the PC and a console, for example to set up streaming or control one way or the other?
well this sounds good to me...
I dont see any problem with that

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
@p1ngpong - Ok great will report, I've learned from my past mistakes that "cheating" never helps you win (Tempmas 2010 that is....)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
What about tutorials that involve both the PC and a console, for example to set up streaming or control one way or the other?
I would assume it would only be OK if the end result so to speak is on the console e.g. streaming a video to a console etc. rather than streaming stuff from console to PC...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
Most of the guides in the competition so far have been of a low quality. It seems that they rushed in an effort to possibly win something. Hopefully, I'll be able to make a good guide in time.I've noticed that in general the regular members here are posting high-quality stuff while the really shitty tutorials are by people who normally don't do anything.

QUOTE(SoulSnatcher @ May 2 2011, 05:13 PM) Also, are we allowed to post an existing guide but with significant changes (e.g, new section and pics)?
If the old guide is dead and the new one is a marked improvement I'd say go for it. There's a lot of stickies here that have been abandoned, and while I've made an effort to re-make some of them, I don't know crap about a bunch of subjects. Spot a sticky that hasn't been updated in two years and is thoroughly out of date? Make a new guide on the subject explaining how to use the new tools and methods so people nowadays can actually follow it.

I wonder if anybody's going to re-make the PS3 "jailbreak" guide, I should probably mark that as [DEPRECATED] or something so people know they could attempt to re-make it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.