GBAtemp 2011 Tutorial Competition Results!

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Costello, Jun 1, 2011.

Jun 1, 2011
  1. Costello
    OP

Administrator Costello Headmaster

[​IMG]
    The GBAtemp 2011 Tutorial Competition started a month ago has been a major success with nearly 80 tutorials posted in multiple sections. You guys have worked really hard on this and even though some of you may not receive prizes, be assured that your work will benefit the entire community and more. Your tutorials will be visible on the web for as long as GBAtemp will live. We have also created a special dedicated Tutorial and Guide Index to reference existing tutorials and guides posted on GBAtemp. What's more, the latest tutorials and guides are now listed directly from the portal on the left hand side.

Without further ado, let's get to the results! There was up to 25 prizes up for grabs. In each of the 5 categories, winners would receive a Supercard DSTWO (Special GBAtemp edition), Acekard 2i and R4i Gold 3DS cards.

[​IMG] Nintendo DS/i Tutorials & Guides
    [*] The Ultimate DS Rom Hacking Guide by GuardianSoul[*] Beginner's Guide to the EZ-3-in-1 by RoMee[*] Getting started with DS flashcarts by sambskn [*] DS Programming Environment on Windows by Rydian[*] Glossary of Media Files compatible with the NDS by KingdomBlade
    [​IMG] Nintendo Wii Tutorials & Guides
    [*] How to set up and use Swiss on the Wii by person66[*] Trouble getting X game to work? Check here first! by F. Lobot[*] Wii Beginner's Guide & FAQ by SoulSnatcher[*] How to setup a sneaky poor man's SD backup launcher by obcd[*] Wii Banner Creation & Editing Guide by SifJar
    [​IMG] Sony PSP Tutorials & Guides
    [*] The PSP in Profile - PSP's and the Custom Firmware Choices of Today by xist[*] PSP Custom Firmware Guide by 45gc[*] Streaming from your PSP to your PC by Rydian[*] How to run ISO/EBOOT.pbp without hacking by RoboticBuddy[*] Hack every PSP up to firmware 6.39 by hunter291
    [​IMG] Sony PS3 Tutorials & Guides
    [*] MultiMan's Begginers Guide by Cyan[*] PS3 Hacking 101 by Zorua[*] How to sign PS3 homebrew in a single click by SamAsh07[*] How to install any Linux distro on PS3 by Dter ic[*] How to play backups on your PS3 by libertas34
    [​IMG] Alternative Consoles Tutorials & Guides
    Unfortunately none of the entries in this section qualified for voting. Perhaps we failed to get our point across: what we were expecting was tutorials and guides for alternative consoles such as the Dingoo A320, Dingoo A330, Dingoo A380, GP2X, Pandora, and so on. We didn't receive any single entry for that category. It probably shows that there is little interest for these consoles and we should not focus on them in the future.

Thank you everyone for participating! Now all previously existing tutorials will be moved in their respective category, making the newly created Tutorial and Guides Index even more filled up with good stuff!
    A couple of details regarding the prizes:
    - winners will be contacted soon by PM for submitting their name & address to receive prizes
    - if a winner declines their prize, the prize will be transferred to the next contestant. So if you didn't win, stay tuned anyway just in case!
    - once again big thanks to our sponsors, make sure to check out their websites:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Sad panda. Was hoping to upgrade my Original R4. Oh well, I got mah Wood still.

Congrats to the winners!

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Alright, lots of useful stuff came out of this.

And I don't think anybody's surprised Cyan got first for the PS3 section. Gotta' give that guy tons of respect.

4. KingdomBlade

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    Hooray. I won something.

Though I'm gonna be declining it.

5. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    seriously looking at cyan's guide was really impressive. congrats to all who won. I gotta say although the last cat was not filled, the other entries were very impressive.

6. GuardianSoul

Member GuardianSoul Translator

Netherlands
    Wow, first prize [​IMG]!
    Congratz to the other winners [​IMG].

7. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Congrats to all the winners - I knew I had no chance but still was nice have a go

8. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

Congratulations, Cyan!
    I'll probably be declining my ak2i, was thinking about giving it to Zekrom but now I'm not since he's being an ass here.
    I dunno, I may give to to AlanJohn, one of my IRL friends or I'll just give it away here.

9. Smartpal

Member Smartpal The Guitar Guy

India
    Just took a look at Cyan's guide. Top notch stuff.

10. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Congrats to all the winners. I can't comment on the guides outside the wii section*, but person66's swiss guide is both a good and detailed guide as well as one that fills in a void in the general knowledge. It would have been my first pick as well. [​IMG]

*I can say that Cyan's PS3 guide looks lenghty, detailed and professional, but without knowledge of the console, it's hard to know for sure.

11. hunter291

Member hunter291 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Congratulations to all the winner. The guide I thought wouldn't win won something and the other one didn't. I'm surprised. Cool. First time I won something [​IMG] Thank you for the contest

12. Shiro09

Member Shiro09 AAI2 Localisation Team

Australia
    Wow. These tutorials are really good. Congrats to all the winners.

13. Ace Overclocked

Member Ace Overclocked My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Italy
    i guess i won't be getting a new flashcart until i find a retail shop selling dsi compatible carts for v 1.4.1/1.4.2...
    i'll have to wait and not sell my ds lite but i won't be able to get 3ds games lol
    damn i shouldnt've bought my 3ds i'm broke
    congratulations for all the winners
    i guess my predictions were ture hunter i knew i should give you the screens you wanted
    i hope there will be another tutorial competion, if there is i'm gonna work harder
    i sucked this time i bet nobody voted for me

14. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

I know I'm not a judge here, but don't xist's and 45gc's guides cover exactly the same thing?
    EDIT: I had another question. Will these topics be stickied after the 'Tutorials and faqs' section goes away?

15. ShawnTRods

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Very good quality tutarials [​IMG].
    Congrats to all winners!

16. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Wow thanks alot GBAtemp, I swear after participating in so many competitions online, this is my first ever win, and I've never done online shopping, so this will be something new to me, so please bear with my newbie-ness, Aw man wish I won the Ak2i, was 3rd place! Still my first victory!!! [​IMG]

See Cyan I told you you would win first prize, It was inevitable. Perfect guide with everything a newbie could ask for. I suggest you make an eBook and make money outta it [​IMG] $1 a piece.

17. KingdomBlade

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    so it goes to SamAsh07.

18. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Congratulations to all the winners, and thanks to everyone who contributed to the competition! [​IMG]

19. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Ooh I won. Dunno if I'll accept or not, I'm always wary of giving away my name and address over the internet...

Anyway, congrats to the other winners and thanks to the judges [​IMG]

20. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    I don't think so, but if that's the case, I'll happily take the Ak2i instead of R4i, since Ak2i have become a rarity here, barely any shop has it here in Bahrain [​IMG]