Hacking gbaexploader

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the time being, all i can say is you must load the GBA game into the NOR memory of the card. I haven't done any of this myself, i just know from reading that the NOR memory acts as a standard GBA game, and that is what is needed for the DS game to see it.

I'm sure someone else will come in with more thought out (experienced?) solution. But thats at least a starting point
smile.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
WildWon said:
For the time being, all i can say is you must load the GBA game into the NOR memory of the card. I haven't done any of this myself, i just know from reading that the NOR memory acts as a standard GBA game, and that is what is needed for the DS game to see it.

I'm sure someone else will come in with more thought out (experienced?) solution. But thats at least a starting point
smile.gif

That's the way to do it.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If GBA ExpLoader supports soft reset on your slot 1 cart, you can use PSRAM mode for game linkage. Just select the GBA game from the list in PSRAM mode and press Select. The game will be loaded into PSRAM and then GBA ExpLoader will reset back to the flashcart menu. From there you just run the DS game you want to link the GBA game with.

You may need to do a bit of fiddling to get soft reset working depending on your slot 1 cart. This generally involves putting a file in the root of the memory card, but which file you need depends on the flashcart. It works on the R4/M3 Simply without any extra tweaking.

Then again, you can just flash the game to NOR and not bother with this.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It just occurred to me that you never said that you were using an EZ-Flash 3-in-1, which is what everyone assumed. If you're using the M3 Real GBA Expansion you should be using the Real's built in GBA support, not GBA ExpLoader.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could GBA ExpLoader be used in theory? I thought the latest update added support for the M3 Real slot-2 addon (though granted I don't really keep up with it that much so I could be wrong)

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how it works on that cart, but I'd expect there to be an option specifically for game linkage somewhere in the menu, or maybe you press a different button to load the GBA game for linkage instead of loading it and booting into GBA mode.

Check out the M3 forum inside the Flashing Hardware and Software forum. There are faqs and such for the M3 Real, and if you can't find the info you need that's probably a better place to ask.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...