Gaming GBA turns on briefly then gets stuck in boot-loop

Zomniferum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I've recently tried to revive my old AGB-001, 40 pin.
I've installed the IPS v2 screen but the problem occurs with the old and new screen so I don't feel like this is the cause. The wires I've soldered aren't touching other contacts.

The power button had to be cleaned to get it to turn on properly.

Whether there is a game in or not it will boot for a few seconds, then restart and get stuck in a boot loop only showing half the gameboy logo before restarting.

I cannot find anything online related to this so I'm hoping there is someone out there with some fresh ideas for me.

I'm a new member so I cant attach links to photos of my PCB but it all looks pretty damn clean.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

jacobc436

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this started happening after soldering you could look around on the board for any large solder balls or debris.
What you could try is taking out all the components and laying the GBA board bare on your table, powering it on while holding the battery to your terminals. If it works there, you know there's something happening when you put it in your case.
You could also try undoing any mods you made. Boot-looping means there's hope :) No signs of life at all, well, you'll cross that bridge when you get there :P

Best of luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64