GBA Smart Card spotted! Only 15 Euro!

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Snugglevixen, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Snugglevixen
    OP

Snugglevixen Fox Princess

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    My den
  2. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Fake News Reporter

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Are you interested in this card yourself? If yes, it probably wasn't a wise idea to post this thread.

3. enarky

enarky owls?

Jul 31, 2003
    Afghanistan
    That thing isn't even worth 5 EUR if there's no linker coming with it. Even if there was, it'll probably not work on current hardware if it's parallel port. Not to mention that this cartridge most likely wasn't that popular (at least I've never heard of it...).

Without linker it's worthless.

4. Snugglevixen
    OP

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    My den
    According to Google Translate they have the linker. But then again, Google Translate said that.

Yea I do want it myself but I got other things to buy atm.

From what I gather from looking it up, it's similar to the GB Smart Card except it needs a linker and you can just put one ROM on it to have the GBA read it like a retail game so it's probably more compatible with things than EZ Flash

Also, not 100% sure, but I think I see a battery so it may support RTC.

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    One game on a card matters very little in terms of compatibility (the exceptions with things like anti piracy or extra hardware are covered http://gbatemp.net/threads/buying-a-gba-flash-cart-in-2013.341203/page-18#post-4756995 ). About the only thing it would do better than a more modern style standalone cart is fake being an original GBA game for the likes of the DS-GBA slot link and possibly the GBA-gamecube link, at least until you need to read a save so probably no good/no better for pokemon related fun and games.

I do not recognise the card though, at first I thought it was another fire card but the PCB looks different.

The battery is more likely just the usual SRAM battery like other flash carts. I do not think any of the cheap and cheerful cards like that

6. Snugglevixen
    OP

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    My den
    Jirachi bonus disc is the only GC to GBA title I'm aware of that actually reads saves off a GBA cart. The rest either connect to a game that's switched on and trade data between the GC's and GBA's RAM or send data to a GBA with no cart inserted. So GC connectivity should mostly be fine if the save is the only thing that doesn't work right
    Pal Park works like the Jirachi bonus disc though

7. Anubis

Anubis GBAtemp Fan

Dec 5, 2005
    Portugal

"No se incluye el lector para cambiar los juegos."

It's just the the cart, linker not included.

8. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    You are mistaken, I have an ez-flash iv and it is not compatible with Pokemon Box, Colosseum, XD or the DS games as the SRAM saving it uses makes it incompatible.

9. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    It would be annoying if you want to further it on to the newer 3ds online offerings but http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/rom-hacks/download-pokepatch-4-2-f27240.html should allow the DS ROMs to work with the EZ4 (and the 3 in 1, and various old NOR-SRAM based stuff...). Similarly, at least before the DS mode went, the EZ4 could fake GBA-DS link for various games. Most of the GBA-DS stuff has since been unlocked via saves, save editors and cheats too.

10. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    Thanks for the link, I have used PokePatch in the past but I've found it easier to just use my original Emerald Cart for all GBA related Pokemon transferring.