HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you guys sure? I have done it before, not recently but I know it was possible. Anyone here who has tried it, retried it? Next time I format I will try but someone out there should know for sure....someone who as done it in the past...

Thorisoka

Trophies
Website
www.nintendojofr.com
XP
Country
France
Well, when we say it doesn't work... actually, they implemented the function, just for a kind of test before partially abandoning it... it may work for a few games, but overall doesn't work with most of them (Band Brother for example), with M3, G6, and AFAIK Supercard...

Thorisoka

Trophies
Website
www.nintendojofr.com
XP
Country
France
(double post
sleep.gif
)

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saved this in a text document a while ago-

Step of loading the NDS/GBA linkage games:
==========================================
1. Copy both NDS and GBA linkage games into G6 by using the G6 U-Disk manager.
2. Select the GBA game inside the "Game" icon of the G6 NDS main menu.
3. Press "X" button to load the GBA game into the G6 memory first.
4. Select and Run the NDS game as usual inside the "NDS Game" icon of the G6 NDS main menu.
(work fine with flashme-V6, passme, passme2, passkey1 or passkey2.)

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Well, when we say it doesn't work... actually, they implemented the function, just for a kind of test before partially abandoning it... it may work for a few games, but overall doesn't work with most of them (Band Brother for example), with M3, G6, and AFAIK Supercard...
It wont work with Daigasso Band Bros Expansion for a good reason. It's because that game has like 30 songs on the GBA cart that need to be read from the cart continuously.

All the other DS games that use GBA link feature to unlock extras do it in a different way. And they should all work fine on flash carts. For example in Wario Ware Touched if you link it with Wario Ware Twisted you'll get the mona pizza video. But this extra isn't coming from the GBA game, it's already on the DS Wario Ware to begin with.

It's when you link the 2 up on boot, the DS is prolly reading the header of the GBA game from SRAM and saying ok, right, i know that game and if i read this game along with the DS rom im told to unlock such an such item in the DS rom. Then it never reads from the SRAM again.

So to put it simple, If a game requires a different way to unlock the extras, like Band Bros continuous GBA reading.... it's not gonna work on any flash carts afaik.

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Yeah but it also doesn't work with Castlevania.
Are you using the same region roms, eg both USA. Also make sure the GBA rom is clean with no intro attached to it. And afaik the link for Castlevania only works if you start a new game on the DS rom. You should be getting the Rare Ring in your inventory at the start of the game. But to be honest it doesn't really help out that much anyway
dry.gif

WangJang

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Seems not
frown.gif
the feature is still not working, i have tried every combo of gba->nds games and not a single one work in 4.3a Loader + Firmware.

Maybe somebody could email the m3 / g6 team ? i mean this is a important feature, and its not fixed for a long time.

zoharmodifier

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know exactly *how* the DS checks to see if it's the right cartridge in the GBA slot? i mean, at what point in the loading does it detect the GBA slot? is it at bootup, or is it during the game?

Orenhy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Outphase, have you been able to get the linkage to work with advance wars ds and the GBA games to link up?
i've tried with AW1 and 2 with no results.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-