GBA saves

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Eyeck, Jul 27, 2010.

Jul 27, 2010

GBA saves by Eyeck at 4:28 AM (1,054 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Eyeck
    OP

Newcomer Eyeck Newbie

United States
    Hey everyone, I've had a m3 real perfect bundle using sakura for about a year now and haven't had any problems up till now, but today when I tried to run a GBA games for the first time in a while I saw my saves were gone ( .SAV file still there, but my only option in the game was new game). I started playing, saved multiple times, turned it off, turned it back on, loaded the game again, same problem. save gone. I checked my other GBA games, they've all lost their save data too. I've tested sakura, touchpod, fast load, patch load, rts on and off, I can't save.
    The weirdest part was when I tried it on Fire Emblem, I chose suspend game and went back to the main menu, and there was no resume option. Only new game. So it seems I can't write to the .SAV file at all, even when I don't turn the system off. Any help at all would be appreciated. [​IMG]

Just saw something I missed on my first search of the forum, seems Pi3ce0fmind had the same problem in this thread but it never got resolved.

2. Fel

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    Well supposedly it has battery, maybe if you let it recharge for a day inside the DS (and have the DS turned on), then it will save again?

3. Eyeck
    OP

Newcomer Eyeck Newbie

United States
    Yeah I read that the battery can be a problem so I tried charging it but no luck. And the games have no problem loading or playing, saving is the only issue. So I don't think it's an issue with the battery. Could my gba expansion pack be dying?

4. DunkrWunkah

Member DunkrWunkah GBAtemp's Official Dunkr

United States
    Maybe the battery inside came DOA.

5. Eyeck
    OP

Newcomer Eyeck Newbie

United States
    Couldn't be, like I said it worked fine when I got it about a year ago. Anyone know what type of battery it is? maybe I can find a replacement for a few bucks somewhere...

btw, after a google search it seems I'm definitely not the only one with this problem, and no solution yet that I've found. People reported the same thing at a number of other forums, here, here, and here. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

6. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    You can use the tape method listed on the site to swap a new battery in or you can use the maintaince section in the first link in my sig.

7. Eyeck
    OP

Newcomer Eyeck Newbie

United States
    Thanks for the info, I bought a new battery and switched them out today but still no luck. I'm starting too think it's just a bad cart. Unless anyone has any other suggestions I'm about ready to throw in the towel on this one. It's a shame, looks like I wasted 20$