Hacking GBA saves?

TenchuBlaze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone fixed this yet? Or found a way? I remember back in an old firmware where you had to use the exploder and the saves worked. But when they released the betas and finals of the firmware where you can actually just choose a GBA file and run it without roudolph's tool the saves just don't work.. Is it the internal battery in the 3-1? Or..? Ugh, anyone else have the same problem.. I know a couple people do. I just wanna finish Metroid Zero Mission! GAWD!

Priss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Seeing how you have a Cyclo...
Why not just save state?
unsure.gif

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
save state
will NOT work on gba games

ms0:/gba/Metroid Zero Mission.gba
ms0:/gba/Metroid Zero Mission.sav

you must pick the game in the CycloDS GUI
when you power off the DS and boot back to the CycloDS the save will be back-up to the SDcard

TenchuBlaze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure? Cause even when I play Metroid.. I did an experiment. I played up until the first save point. Then I save, and do the soft reset to the game. And when I go to load/continue.. NOTHING is there. When I boot up my SD card to my PC it says it's there but it doesn't load or anything. I dunno what the hell to do.
mad.gif

PuddingSenator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TenchuBlaze said:
Are you sure? Cause even when I play Metroid.. I did an experiment. I played up until the first save point. Then I save, and do the soft reset to the game. And when I go to load/continue.. NOTHING is there. When I boot up my SD card to my PC it says it's there but it doesn't load or anything. I dunno what the hell to do.
mad.gif

Soft Reset? How are you soft resetting on the Cyclo if you're selecting the game directly from the GUI?

And no, you don't have to make a folder or anything. I just got my Cyclo, updated it to the latest firmware (haven't made any other changes to it), and run GBA games straight from the GUI. After I turn the DS on and off and load the GBA game, the save is there.

Moorse

Trophies
XP
Country
TenchuBlaze: I feel your pain. I am getting this same problem with Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones. I go and save it, do a hard reset, go back to launch the game from the Cyclo GUI and there is no continue save in the game. The funny thing is, it used to work, and there is a GBA_SAVE directory on my miniSD with a Fire Emblem save... The Cyclo just ain't reading it.

PuddingSenator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TenchuBlaze said:
I soft reseted the GBA game. I think it was L+R+start and select. And then it takes me to the title screen.

As far as I know, the Cyclo does not support soft-resetting in GBA games. You're either using a different cart or using software to launch the game rather than doing it straight from the GUI.

Anyway, the Cyclo reads the SRAM on the slot-2 and writes it to the microSD after you shut down your DS and turn it back on after playing a GBA game. If everything is working correctly, you should see a short Loading (Backup SRAM) screen when booting your Cyclo after playing a GBA game.

TenchuBlaze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No no no! XD I'm not soft resetting the Cyclo. I'm doing it from the GBA game. Like.. For example, you have an actual commercial GBA cart. And you press L+R+start+select while playing the game and it takes you to the title screen. That's what I was doing. Not resetting the Cyclo GUI.

Zieg30CT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TenchuBlaze
I believe PuddingSenator told you to try turning your DS OFF then back ON, not reset it.

from Pudding Senator's post

The Cyclo reads the SRAM on the slot-2 and writes it to the microSD after you SHUT DOWN your DS and turn it back ON after playing a GBA game. If everything is working correctly, you should see a short Loading (Backup SRAM) screen when booting your Cyclo after playing a GBA game.

TenchuBlaze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But that's just it. I also turn it off and on. That's what I used to do all the time and then it just stopped working one day. So I try the reset just to see if it even saves. It doesn't.

I read in another thread that it might be the 3-1 battery. And I'm pretty sure it's that. The problem is I don't know to to take it out (without damaging the damn thing) and replacing the battery with another. (does anyone know the model type?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1