Hacking GBA ROM white screen problems.

nein89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My apologies if I'm missing something obvious, but a search of the forums didn't turn up anything useful. I got my G6 Lite last week, downloaded and installed the latest versions of the loader and U-Disk Manager, and quickly got a few DS games and ScummVM up and running.

I cannot, however, get any GBA ROMs functioning; when I try to run them, I get the usual loading indicator for a few seconds, and then both screens go white and stay that way. Things I've tried include: all three patching methods (hardware, software, and the default hardware+software), unzipping before burning them through the U-Disk Manager, running an intro remover program, and snagging a few different copies with different sizes from different sources.

The only idea I've got left is to try different region releases (everything I've attempted so far was a U.S. release), but this strikes me as even more of a long shot than the intro remover was.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are running the roms in GBA mode, aren't you?
lecture.gif

You can't launch a GBA game from DS Mode (Example: through the file browser...)
The DS and GBA are two different chips; I think DS uses ARM9 processor while GBA uses ARM 7.

Press Y to start GBA mode.

nein89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
...Yeah, that would fit under the category of "incredibly obvious things I overlooked." Thanks for taking pity on me; it's greatly appreciated.

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get Robopon 2 to work (don't ask. I loved the original so I wanted to see if this was any better)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: