GBA ROM white screen problems.

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by nein89, Aug 17, 2006.

1. nein89
    OP

nein89 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2006
    My apologies if I'm missing something obvious, but a search of the forums didn't turn up anything useful. I got my G6 Lite last week, downloaded and installed the latest versions of the loader and U-Disk Manager, and quickly got a few DS games and ScummVM up and running.

I cannot, however, get any GBA ROMs functioning; when I try to run them, I get the usual loading indicator for a few seconds, and then both screens go white and stay that way. Things I've tried include: all three patching methods (hardware, software, and the default hardware+software), unzipping before burning them through the U-Disk Manager, running an intro remover program, and snagging a few different copies with different sizes from different sources.

The only idea I've got left is to try different region releases (everything I've attempted so far was a U.S. release), but this strikes me as even more of a long shot than the intro remover was.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Falkentyne

Falkentyne GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2006
    United States
    You are running the roms in GBA mode, aren't you? [​IMG]

You can't launch a GBA game from DS Mode (Example: through the file browser...)
    The DS and GBA are two different chips; I think DS uses ARM9 processor while GBA uses ARM 7.

Press Y to start GBA mode.

3. Rykar

Rykar Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2006
    Press Y

4. nein89
    OP

nein89 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2006
    ...Yeah, that would fit under the category of "incredibly obvious things I overlooked." Thanks for taking pity on me; it's greatly appreciated.

5. afireinside0016

afireinside0016 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2006
    United States
    Yeah, I definately get this too. I know Im in GBA mode, cuz I was playing Pokemon earlier. Dotstream is the game that whitescreens for me. [​IMG]

6. saxamo

saxamo Spaaaaace!

Aug 6, 2006
    United States
    NYC
    I can't get Robopon 2 to work (don't ask. I loved the original so I wanted to see if this was any better)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice