GBA Movie Player or Flash Card

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by DomaGB, Dec 21, 2008.

1. DomaGB
    OP

DomaGB Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2008
    United States
    I am looking for the cheapest way to have a back up for GBA SP games. Finding info is difficult I think because everyone is going DS.

I saw someone asked a similar question recently here:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=121304

I did find different kinds of cards, I think they are reffered to as Flash Cards, but then Wikipedia also speaks of a GBA Movie Player which also plays games.

I have heard that these devices that use SD cards will be slow for some GBA games. However I often play original GB games and GBC games. Is the GBA movie player the device that uses SD cards? Also I have seen reference to SuperCards. Wikipedia says its a Mac item. Is SD different than SuperCard? I don't have a Mac, I have a PC.

But being able to play movies is something I would be very interested in, I also would be interested in playing NES games, as I own about 100 games for my NES.

While it would be cool to make my own copy of the games that will not be necessary, and I know we don't ask for such here, and am not.

So I am looking for something that would hold many games, most would NOT be GBA, tho some would. This is my primary request. Holding movies is 2ndary, playing NES is 3rd. But I have a small budget for this.

What hardware would do this? What hardware is needed?

I found 1 GBA movie player for only $10 but they are sold out, here:

http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/zz-gsp-movplay

Finding them online is fine, I don't need to go to a local store.

Is the GBA SP no longer in production btw?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice