santorix10

OP
Trophies
Website
rememberthe8bit.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if there was a way to remove the health warning screen on GBA games. I've tried Google, but all I get is FlashMe stuff. Can an intro remover get rid of these screens? Or, has no one felt like making a tool for this yet? It would be nice if this was integrated into BatchGBA too.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The intro removers are usually fairly basic tools which detect a non-standard offset for the start of the binary and then force it back to the standard.
The difference comes in the GBA roms have it in the code while the DS has it in the firmware meaning every rom would likely have to be individually hacked and so far nobody has bothered to do this.

If you feel like having a go your best bet as I see it would be to do what flashme actually does and find the timer responsible and change the presumably add command to set or just add a large number making it effectively not appear (try not to mess up the timings though (make it in line with vblanks and such) as I do not know how good the routine used is).

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought there might be some reproduced code used by the health screen so I did a test to see if it was feasible to make a generic patcher. Unfortunately different registers are used for different titles and the method I used doesn't totally avoid the screen but merely makes it think a button was pressed as soon as it will allow the passing of the screen. So you actually see the screen for about a second. And if you're interested at all: I tested on Dr Mario & Puzzle League and the patch to apply is 0028 at 94C.

santorix10

OP
Trophies
Website
rememberthe8bit.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
cracker said:
I thought there might be some reproduced code used by the health screen so I did a test to see if it was feasible to make a generic patcher. Unfortunately different registers are used for different titles and the method I used doesn't totally avoid the screen but merely makes it think a button was pressed as soon as it will allow the passing of the screen. So you actually see the screen for about a second. And if you're interested at all: I tested on Dr Mario & Puzzle League and the patch to apply is 0028 at 94C.

Yeah, I was hoping that it would just be a nice, stand alone program that we could just trim out.
frown.gif
I am definitely interested though, and I'll see if this will work on some other games...

EDIT: (What a retard I was, I forgot to mention...) Thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1