Hacking GBA Games using M3 Real/Zero

RalphUp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
in the M3 Simple you could place a GBAFRAME.BMP in the SD card and it would put a Nice Boarder around the GBA game screen.
Anyone know if this is supported in the M3 Real Touchpod or Sakura? and If so how to make it work?

Thanx
R

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It does indeed work with Touchpad and Sakura, if I am correct all you need to do is put the border in with the GBA games and name it the same as the ROM file
Or use BorderDS

RalphUp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank, but that doesnt work, I have a BMP and renamed it to match ROM name in GBA folder, but it didnt work. does it need to be a certain image type like PNG or some other?

What do you mean by use BorderDS ???

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
RalphUp said:
Thank, but that doesnt work, I have a BMP and renamed it to match ROM name in GBA folder, but it didnt work. does it need to be a certain image type like PNG or some other?

What do you mean by use BorderDS ???
BoderDS is program used to put borders on GBA Games...I can't seem to find it really.
And try other file names, I never really put borders on my GBA games, but I read it up somewhere on how to do it.
http://m3wiki.com/index.php/Gba-border
This has some info on it

RalphUp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that, I presumed it was some sort of tool to add the border but GOOGLE wasn't helping there today! ;-)

Would prefer just to have some PNG or BMP file on the sd card that always loads when running GBA rom.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Your welcome ^-^ I have been searching around myself to help and so far I can't find anything on how to do it.
Although I did find out they are GBA frame and you can do them on R4 >.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I've done a search & found a possible link for BorderDS - I've had to sign up to another forum to be able to download it but I've now uploaded it to Filetrip

Don't know if it is the same program as mentioned by 'A Gay Little Cat' but there's no harm in trying Find it here
I can't try it out as I've got a DSi (No GBA possible)

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
CannonFoddr said:
I've done a search & found a possible link for BorderDS - I've had to sign up to another forum to be able to download it but I've now uploaded it to Filetrip

Don't know if it is the same program as mentioned by 'A Gay Little Cat' but there's no harm in trying Find it here
I can't try it out as I've got a DSi (No GBA possible)
Thanks, you probably found that on the same site I found it, but I am in school right now so I can't test it either. I will test it when I get home

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: That was a hilarious YT K3Nv2 :rofl2: