Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
I hate creating topics
dry.gif
but...

I just wanted to know what's going on with the GBA reviews section of the board. I enjoy reading peoples reviews of various games, but there hasn't been a new review since March. There have been a number of extremely good games that I would've loved to read reviews for from a GBATemp Magazine staff member. I know one of the major reasons would be lack of time, but I just wanted to know that's all.

CLu`

Tha Off Da Hook Pimp
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
I was thinking it should be an open forum now. Where members can post their own reviews for GBA games and the old magazine staff can moderate the forum ie. Jex-, Solution_9, etc. I think something should be done with it because it's just there doing nothing.

sonicstorm

Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I was thinking it should be an open forum now. Where members can post their own reviews for GBA games and the old magazine staff can moderate the forum ie. Jex-, Solution_9, etc. I think something should be done with it because it's just there doing nothing.
Good idea if it was an open forum we can all write gba reviews and post them

CLu`

Tha Off Da Hook Pimp
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
Actually those topics usually contain things like, "OH MY GOD. I've been waiting for this game for ages." or the ever so popular, "I want this game where can I download it?" There are others however that say, "Ok, well it's a game about xxxx and I think it's ok."

I'm talking about in-depth reviews about the story, graphics, gameplay, sound and overall playability and enjoyment of the game itself.

I'm not asking for a new forum. I'm just trying to revive an old forum with a new idea.
smile.gif

phuzzz

Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but you're gonna get people that just write "OMG this game is sooooo cul, iz teh best game EVAR!!!1!1!!111!" or "This game is the suz! It's really gey, you have to be flaming to want to play this game!" This isn't exactly a quality review, you know? But, if you were to have it where you write a review, then have the staff approve of it, then get it posted, that would work.

As I understand, most of them are in school, making it difficult to review. However, I do believe that we shouldn't limit to just GBA games; there are many reviews for other systems that would be benificial. I also think we shouldn't be limited to popular games/games that we think are great. I need to know when there's a sucky game out there.

CLu`

Tha Off Da Hook Pimp
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
Yeah, but you're gonna get people that just write "OMG this game is sooooo cul, iz teh best game EVAR!!!1!1!!111!" or "This game is the suz! It's really gey, you have to be flaming to want to play this game!" This isn't exactly a quality review, you know? But, if you were to have it where you write a review, then have the staff approve of it, then get it posted, that would work.

As I understand, most of them are in school, making it difficult to review. However, I do believe that we shouldn't limit to just GBA games; there are many reviews for other systems that would be benificial. I also think we shouldn't be limited to popular games/games that we think are great. I need to know when there's a sucky game out there.
Only serious reviews would be accepted. If someone creates a topic just to say, "Super Mario Advance 4 sucks. It's ghey" then it would be closed, that's where the moderators come in. But if they said something like that after someone gave a review of the game then it wouldn't really be a problem, that's a personal opinion. Remember that this forum would have rules just like all the other forums on the board.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have some reviews written up but am afraid to PM KiVan. I'm afraid that I might end up like the rest of the review people and just stop making reviews even though I want to make them right now.
unsure.gif

Saria

The Sage Of The Forest Temple
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I actually support Clu` on this suggestion.
It would be down to the Moderators to maintain a sense of professionalism with regards to the way a review is written.

Mind you it isnt our daily job - we aren't all journo's, so logically one would not expect everyone to be concise in the way they write their reviews.
So that would be at the Moderators discretion, as to whether the review is suitable.
Everyone should be given a chance to write a review...after all, it is the members that make the forum what it is.... sounds naff but without members the forum wouldn't be what it is today.
And multiple reviews of a particular game would be benificial to the readers, so they get a wide array of opinions about what was thought of the game.

Great Idea Clu` - This get's my "Thumb's Up"
smile.gif

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I actually support Clu` on this suggestion.
It would be down to the Moderators to maintain a sense of professionalism with regards to the way a review is written.
I used to be the magazine editor. If anyone is willing to undertake that position in my stead, I don't see why not.

I'm supportive of Clu. I want to see the mag resurrected, but I can't find the time to review titles (or even play a lot of them anymore!). We had a "format" we were supposed to stick to that Alexander suggested, but I think we all deviated from it somewhat (I deviated the least, but it was hard to make).

I'll post more in the morning. I'm pretty tired here.

-Tempest out.-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-