Hacking GBA flash kart personal experiences

sleepingkirby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, this is my first post so be gentle with me.

I got a X-Rom cartridge a while back and I can't say I didn't get my money's worth, but the real time clock never worked on it. I've just lived with it until now (probably a year and a half now) and it's worked pretty well for the most part. Well, I've finally decided to take another crack at it and I've found to my dismay that although when I bought it, they advertised you can easily replace the battery, the batter is soldering into the metal. Not cool.

Anyways, I'm looking to get another gba cartridge. Of course I want it to work with most if not all games, but I was wondering if any can recommend, from personal experience if possible, a cartridge where the batter is either rechargable or replaceable (or both). Any advice/personal experiences would help. If you have a "Don't get this kart, it is the suxorz!!!" That would help too. Thanks in advance

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Well, I had the Flash2Advance, and I remember liking it a lot. I can't think of what the sort of OS it had on it, but I thought it was really great at the time. It didn't have a real time clock, which wasn't much of an issue back then. However, the battery has died, so I can't save, and it is not replaceable either. So, I'd suggest you stay away from the original F2A.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ez flash III was suppose to be rechargable I think.. never really believed in the rechargable ones tho, since they said that about the internal battery in the dreamcast too heh.. I had to solder a battery in my mgd3 cart once because it kept failing the saves, that wasn't very fun. seems like the only way to do it right is to spotweld it. You probably could get a jeweler to spotweld a battery back into a cartridge.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have had just about every GBA cart known to man,
EZFA
EZ-Flash II
EZ-Flash III
Ewin
EFA
EFA II
G6
M3

and the list goes on and on...in MY opinion my FAVORITE cart would be the EZ-Flash II which recharges on the linker...every 2 weeks you let it sit for 8 hours and your good to go, but what I REALLY like is the software is stable .... MUCH MUCH more stable than the EZ-Flash III plus I like the II's more simple interface better. The EZF actually charged the battery while playing but the software was unstable and you can't use it with a DS. ... I'm not gonna list all the pros and cons right now of each cart but I will say...EZ-Flash II is my fav for GBA
wub.gif

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have the EZFA, and I think it kicks ass... maybe a bit small... (256Mb)
But everything worked.. now I just need to replace the battery
frown.gif

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too have spent way too much money on flash carts.

G6 2nd and 3rd Gen
EFA2
X-Rom

EZ2 or 3 hands down are the best for straight GBA play. both with rechargeable batteries.
too bad they are no longer stocked.

larvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another vote for the EZ II. I've have XG Flash, Flash Advance Xtreme and the EZ II and the EZ II is hands down the best that I've used. I also prefer it to my EZ IV when it comes to GBA.

Magus19

Trophies
Website
rotdteam.sourceforge.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well right now I would opt for something that works on the DS too, unless you can get a gba one really cheap. I have the EZFA and it's really a nice cart, I still use it for GBA roms since the SC sucks for them. The only down side is the low space but there is no slowdown or anoying patches.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like EZ4. For its price, for its features, such as great compatibility and NOR memory for instant launching of games, perfect skins support. Really great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-