gba fire link/ fire card

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by MastaM87, Aug 6, 2008.

1. MastaM87
    OP

MastaM87 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2008
    United States
    I have a fire link/ fire card. is there an app that will allow me to run gba files on the fire link?

2. wchill

wchill Resident chillxpert

Jun 12, 2008
    United States
    Technically, no.
    But you can run .gba files with a slot-2 expansion pack or even a whole new flashcart altogether.
    If you decide to go for an expansion, just realize that you're going to need a loader and you're going to have to swap out the expansion and the writer for the Fire card.

3. MastaM87
    OP

MastaM87 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2008
    United States
    ive been looking at a couple of possibilities:
    1)GBA Emulator on DS (it seems sort of a waste but i have seen a gba emulator for gba)
    2)a way to convert gba files to nds, gb/c, nes, snes or any other emulator that can run on the ds(I do know there is a way to convert to nds and i have done it but i cannot seem to find a dldi patch for Fire Card/ Fire Link)

i dont know if any of these would work. and for the moment it seems best that i should just get a new flash cart butnthat leads to another question. which one should i get? instead of going through all of this again is there a flash cart that alread plays gba and nds games?

4. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    You can't just "convert" files like that. Are you thinking about SnezziDS, which "converts" to *.nds format? It's not converting anything; it's just attaching the unmodified rom file to the end of the emulator core. Same thing happens with most of the emulators for the GBA - PocketNES, SNES Advance, Snezziboy, SMS Advance, etc. Also, there's no DLDI because SnezziDS only runs on slot-2 devices with GBA compatibility.