GBA ExpLoader 0.4

sebast2600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Anyway, is English in GBA_Exploader better now?"

Well, I think it's much better now. English is not my native language, but it seems to me there are still a few remaining issues:

1) "(A):wtite to selected file" should be changed to "(A):Write to selected file" (notice the "W" in uppercase and the "t" changed to "r")

2) "Analizing ROM" should be changed to "Analyzing ROM"

3) "deletes the SAV file?" should be changed to "delete the SAV file?"

It's not a big deal btw, you can easily fix that by yourself with an hexadecimal editor. You can also easily translate everything into other languages. I have already translated it into another language for my little cousin who does not understand English or Japanese.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m-p{3} said:
I was wondering if it would be technically possible to use the Nintendo DS Browser RAM expansion as a temporary memory location from where a GBA game could be played while the Nintendo DS is turned on.

I suppose that Rudolf already took a look at this, but I was simply wondering
smile.gif
Can't be done. A GBA or DS in GBA mode starts execution at address 0x800000 (give or take a few zeros) while the DS Browser's RAM starts its writable portion at 0x900000 (again, give or take a few zeros).

Melee81

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I love this little program, but i keep losing my Advance Wars (1) Saves, already happened 3 times,
what do i do wrong, any ideas? I'm not switching off my DS while saving of course...
Yeah, i suppose i could backup more often, but this is just a workaround, isn't it?

hate2.gif

cry.gif

Sokonomi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just got my EZflash card and ofcourse all excited about it.
tongue.gif
Im using it with an R4DS flashcard.

My first question is ofcourse about the R4 GBA loader.
It seems whenever I start the GBA ExpLoader (0.51), it puts the GBA game in a windowbox.
Can I take it to fullscreen somehow?

Also, my EZflash was advertised as "Flash once, Play directly from slot2",
however I cant get it to do that. Is there something I need to do in the GBA loader software to make it "stick"?

My copy of GBA ExpLoader came with a strange .txt file, I think the manual in chinese or something?
It would be great if I could get a manual translated into english. Would probably clarify my above questions too. :-3

bclowe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to be able to play the game after you shut it off, you have to flash it to the NOR. at the main menu in gba exploader, hit the R button.

Sokonomi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, bclowe! That worked.
smile.gif
Though theres still the "window" frame around the game when I start the slot2 through my R4 menu. When I boot it straight to slot2 without the R4 it goes fullscreen however.

Someone knows how to get it fullscreen?

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You can't get it to go full screen. The only way to get a black border is to change the color or delete the .bmp or whatever the image is somewhere in the _system_ folder.

Sokonomi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im guessing its got to do with the GBAs native resolution being a slight bit smaller then that of the DS or something. Bummer.
tongue.gif
Thought it was in the rom flasher somewhere. Thanks for reminding me the systemfolder has skin bits.
tongue.gif

Arch Feline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@saulin

You have my undying gratitude (such as it is)

Thank you a batch of cookies much.

. . .

I downloaded the converter and dragged and dropped my save over the .bat file. I got a file of the right size but the game, Boktai, said "load failed." I was converting from VBA to GBALdr.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Metal tapes even