OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the perfect bundle here and I noticed that the GBA pak was tilted

the actual PCB inside the cart I mean

I took it apart and tried to fix it but it goes back again after I screw it back togther (it looks better then it originally was)
though it still titled

Would there be any problem with it?
I dont have the DS yet, should arrive sometime next week to test it on to make sure it works

the rumble cart though looks fine

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Joe88 said:
I got the perfect bundle here and I noticed that the GBA pak was tilted

the actual PCB inside the cart I mean

I took it apart and tried to fix it but it goes back again after I screw it back togther (it looks better then it originally was)
though it still titled

Would there be any problem with it?
I dont have the DS yet, should arrive sometime next week to test it on to make sure it works

the rumble cart though looks fine

you would need to test it to make sure the board is making correct contact. if you are not happy with your purchase send it back and request an exchange on the item. but then again if you don't want to do that wait for the nds to arrive and give it a test. i'm sure everything will work ok for you.

goodluck,
-aw

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone that has a phat ds or didnt get the exp expansion bundle. You can use a g6lite in place of the gba expansion. It works perfectly for me and works great for me since my g6lite cant play gba games anymore normally, since the usb adapter broke for the g6lite. Other slot 2 cards may work as well. It does not work with my flash2advance cart tho.

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will wait, might arrive tomorrow but idk,

while on the topic, does the gba cart also allow you to load GBC\GB games? , or just GBA games and have to get emu's for the older GB games?

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:

while on the topic, does the gba cart also allow you to load GBC\GB games? , or just GBA games and have to get emu's for the older GB games?
you will have to use emulators, m3ds has many built-in emulators, but many say they are out of date and its better to just download newest versions.

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah ok

I have the gbc emu on my psp though I cant access it anymore (I think my analog stick is causing it because I cant scroll down...)
NES is fine on there

so I just wanted to know about the GB\GBC emulation on DS

NeoGunKuruma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
ah ok

I have the gbc emu on my psp though I cant access it anymore (I think my analog stick is causing it because I cant scroll down...)
NES is fine on there

so I just wanted to know about the GB\GBC emulation on DS
Well there's many GBA-based emulators already, in addition to the new DS-based emus.
Here's my personal picks.

on DS
NES: nesDS
SNES: SNEmulDS
Gameboy/Gameboy Color: Lameboy
Sega Genesis: JEnesisDS
Sega Master System: DSMasterPlus

on GBA
Sierra Adventures: GBAGI
PC-Engine: PCEAdvance
ZX-Spectrum: FooN
Supervision: Wasabi

There, that about covers them all.
Oh, and the link to the download for DSMasterPlus is at the bottom of the page in the link for it, if you have trouble navigating the French >_

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Joe88 said:

check my sig for a link to a slot2 emulation topic i wrote (recently stickied =)). you can read about gbx emulation in slot2. as for slot1 check the nds emulation section of the forum and read the stickied topics there. you can find emus for both slots that work and should allow you to play most of what you want.

-another world

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all right I got the DS today and microSDHC

should I leave it as FAT32 or format it to FAT as I see some people suggesting for other carts?

(also I tested the GBA cart and seems to work fine, sticks out very slightly but it works fine)

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If there's still a problem, try to swap out the PCB from the Rumble Pack and put the PCB from the GBA Expansion Pack inside, then screw it back together. If you want to be really anal about it, you can even peel off the labels and switch them up so the expansion packs will be properly labeled. You'll then have a tilted Rumble Pack (if the Slot-2 shell is indeed the culprit behind the tilted PCB), but you probably won't ever use it. I never use my Rumble Pack. Few games support the rumble function, and the Rumble Pack would only kill your DS battery faster anyway.

----------------------------
*EDIT*
Sorry, for some reason I read every single post on this thread EXCEPT for your last one before mine where you said the GBA cart seems to work fine. Anyway, if you do start to have problems with it later on, I hope this helps!

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I cant switch them
the carts have plastic blocking parts for the other cart

aka: each cart is special made and different (I think the earlier ver they were both the same plastic cart)

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, that's too bad they don't use the same cart molding. I would've tried to break the obstructive plastic parts off, like I did back in the day to my SNES to enable it to play Japanese games
biggrin.gif

Well, at least your GBA Expansion Pack is working. Have fun!

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea everything is working fine

btw why does everyone complain about the default skin?
it seems fine

and what NDS games use rumble
I want to try it out
smile.gif

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seems like metroid pinball is the only one
it worked pretty good

just one note
DO NOT INSERT THE RUMBLE PAK WHEN THE DS IS ON
the rumble pack went crazy >_>

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and I forgot where there was this website that had M3 downloads on it (not the one that M3 links too on their site) but a slightly different one, had more stuff on it like GBA cheat files and such

edit* nvm I found it
http://handheldsources.com/M3DS/Download_M3DSR.html

wish they would include instructions on where to place the GBA cheat files... >_>

also, is it just me that every time I read a post by ojsinnerz
he does nothing but flame the M3, calling it crap, a trash cart, the R4 is better, ect...
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=702...p;#entry1098393
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=702...p;#entry1095342
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=816...p;#entry1086959
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=796...p;#entry1050607

theres a lot more but you get the point...

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
He looks like a hater..I can't understand when people bitch so much about something, what is so terrible about that cart? What is it supposed to do? Play games, well, it does that..And there are people that are completely satisfied with their M3's, like me, so it's not just like you show it..

And as far as Rumble and GBA expansion goes, I use it very often, and I love them..That Perfect bundle is the best (at least to me).
Rumble improved my Elite Beat Agents and Ouendan expirience so much, and GBA usefulness I don't even need to mention!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0