Hacking gba expansion for m3ds real

triple-sevenz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^ yea i think ill buy a gba expansion pack for my m3ds real. i just want some response from people who already have it. im not planning to use the opera browser for ds since its prolly gonna be really slow and i rather just use my computer. i just want to run my gba roms. do i have to copy the rom to the expansion every time i play it or will it stay there for a while? also is there a battery in the expansion and will i have to replace it if it runs out of battery?

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Get the Ewin Expansion Pack, it's the same as the GBA expansion for M3DSR but without security (so you can run on any cart)
Edit: As for saves, I don't know. Check an EEP review.
It's pure PSRAM so you'll have to reload every time.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ you can do that with GBA ExpLoader with the M3R gba pak on any cart also

the security is only with the M3R firmware its self and not the cart

like all the exp paks the game will not stay once you shut the ds off
though an extra is the RTC (real time clock) that is usefull in games like pokemon
no other exp carts have it

the battery recharges it self when the ds is on

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
but i heard that the GBA Expansion Pack for the M3 Real suck the battery life out of your DS ? but if you do get it , bring a charger and something to cover the GBA Slot if you aren't using it to save battery !

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I always just leave my 3-in-1 in, it's not using up any battery either.
If it's not on, then it's not using any extra juice.

triple-sevenz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
about how long does it take to copy the rom over? i mean i kno it depends per rom size but lets say for a 16 mb rom how long would it take? im gonna be playing the fire emblem series. also another reason im getting the gba expansion for m3ds real instead of other slot 2 expansions is because i read on the m3ds real review that it has real time save/load for gba games. does the ewin pack or the 3in1 ez 5 also have the real time save? im ordering mine from realhotstuff so i cant get the ewin expansion. btw im using the hacked sakura firmware. does it support the gba roms like the m3 real fw?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
triple-sevenz said:
about how long does it take to copy the rom over? i mean i kno it depends per rom size but lets say for a 16 mb rom how long would it take?
If the 3-in-1 and the eWin expansion are any indication, 8 to 16 seconds.

QUOTE(triple-sevenz @ Jul 25 2008, 10:12 PM) does the ewin pack or the 3in1 ez 5 also have the real time save?
No, and the M3 GBA expansion only has real time saves when you use it with the M3 Real. GBA Exploader never supported that feature.

triple-sevenz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^ thats not bad. well i really like the real time save feature so im definately getting the gba expansion pack. has anyone tested sakura's gba support? also how is the cheat support? is it like the m3 real where u can only turn all cheats on or off using a button combination or can u enable/disable specific cheats? how long does it take to load the real time save menu?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the cheat system uses .cht files
for every game there is a .cht file

unlike nds where all cheats are in 1 file
they have almost every cht file on their site for download in a zip file (up too 2301)
I havnt really tested it my self cause didnt really need them but they are there if needed
and yes you can turn them on and off as you like

as for sakura, I have no idea
I use the regular loader until official m3sakura english comes out

triple-sevenz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see. well my last question is that will the expansion work with other slot 1's like cyclo using gba exploder. i kno that i wont have real time save and all but i just wanted to kno if the expansion works only on the m3ds real or other slot 1 devices as well. thanks for the quick replies. you guys are great.

triple-sevenz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks. the only thing that i dont kno yet is sakura's gba support. i hope its like the m3real fw. if not i could use the triple loader. ill make a new thread in a month when i get the gba expansion. thanks everyone.

o RedSheLL x

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sakura does have GBA support, and it loads faster than the actual M3DS Real FW
yaynds.gif

planthead

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I installed the gba cheat file in the system folder, and when I go to select file it just freezes the Ds, using latest firmware for m3 real not sakura,

Any ideas. thanks

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to select a certain file for your games

theres 2300 files in that folder
and since the card can only read 128 files
and take the files you need for your games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1