GBA emulator for the DS by Darkchen *UPDATE*

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
didnt realize this wasnt out. cant wait to try this out. wonder if the gba files are just drag or drop or do they need patching. drag and drop would be killer

KamuiX

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I still can't get that. Why need a resource-hungry emulator to play GBA games? DS has a a slot to play GBA games...so it has a GBA mode to run them. like playing gamecube games on wii. It doesn't need extra CPU. So why we need it here?

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
retiredjerk said:
didnt realize this wasnt out. cant wait to try this out. wonder if the gba files are just drag or drop or do they need patching. drag and drop would be killer

it's drag and drop
wink.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KamuiX said:
I still can't get that. Why need a resource-hungry emulator to play GBA games? DS has a a slot to play GBA games...so it has a GBA mode to run them. like playing gamecube games on wii. It doesn't need extra CPU. So why we need it here?

Because with this, you can now play GBA games on the DSi.
Which has no GBA slot. Seriously, did you not know or something?

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
KamuiX said:

The DS has the power, and yeah it even has actual GBA hardware in there to function in GBA mode... but it simply doesn't have anywhere fast or large enough to store the ROM while you play it.

Also, as the other guy said, it's useful on the DSi which has no slot-2. As far as I'm concerned, that's one of the major reasons why I'm holding off on a DSi purchase until I have some other reason to buy one. And even when I do buy one, I'll still probably play most of my games on the DSLite... only going to the DSi if there's some enhanced game that would benefit from it.

dong1225

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Holy God!
I'll need an iPlayer soon.
NAOW!!!
I don't have money to waste though *sniffle*
Why do iPod hombrew have to suck more, where the hell is my iControl Pad zod?

P.S RIP DSTT and BIH DSTT team

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you try running Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald to see if it supports RTS and if it will still have the battery glitch? Thanks.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'll be damned, he made it after all. Can't blame people for thinking it was a hoax though, what with the "I'm only showing two screenshots of the top screen only" thing, and then disappearing shortly thereafter for months.

Still, I'm very surprised to see it running so well. I believe he managed to get a hold of the iPlayer SDK somehow, which is how he appears to be launching the games from the iPlayer menu itself (at least for the first one).

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Another World said:
i hope this leads to other emus for the iplayer. i've put down my nds recently for my dingoo. i'd come back if emus started to get ported to the iplayer!

-another world
/me hopes for snes

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
the iplayer seems like it would make a kickass emu card. Big props for coming through when everyone shot you down dude. lets hope for a quick public beta

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this may persuade me to get a dsi now. even though i don't play gba games all that much anymore, either way its time to get rid of my ds phat now
yay.gif

jayx3m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe darkchen is an iPlayer employee. That's why the emulator is so damn good. But either way, this will boost iplayer's sale.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I see somebody finally crossed the taboo and got GBA emulated on the NDS. What's next, N64?
biggrin.gif

This is why I love flashcarts over optical storage. You can always work some mojo and add some extra hardware effectively upgrading a unit. I do hope these chips make it into all the flashcarts.

Coookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Very nice ^^ it's to bad the iplayer doesn't run .nds files, since paying 35$ is a bit to much for me just to play gba games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...