Homebrew GBA Emulator for DSiPlayer

Don9aldo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't got a clue about how to install this on my SD Card. I have the latest update of iPlayer. I've dumped the English GBA Emulator into the _system folder and I've put a gba rom onto the card. It refuses to work for me! Can anyone help?

Sorry for the noobish question.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In this context, the iPlayer is a flashcart for DS/DSL/DSi that primarily plays multiple video formats (i.e. not bound by DPG, it can play AVI and FLV and stuff too) and also plays homebrew, and currently houses the only Slot 1 GBA emulator in existence.

Don9aldo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have it all in the right places and its working, but it freezes on the "Homebrew loading" page. Could it be a problem with the ROM?

Highditto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are trying to load straight from the GBA rom, you might have a bad rom. The best way to check is to try loading the Emulator, if that starts then it's a bad rom but if the emulator won't start then you have something in the wrong place. If the emulator won't load your best bet is to delete your "_system" folder and reinstall everything, this way you can start fresh and you won't have to go looking for things that might be in the wrong spots.

you should put the Emulator here: Y:\_system\plugins\
(In my case Y: is my drive letter, yours is most likely different)

and you should have all of these files there plus any other home brews you have/will have on the card:
NDSGBA - folder with other folders in it
gba1.bmp
gba.bmp
gba.ini
gba.plg

If you are missing something re-download the emulator, and don't forget that if you delete the "_system" folder you will have reinstall the IPlayer software.

ChrisMims

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
In this context, the iPlayer is a flashcart for DS/DSL/DSi that primarily plays multiple video formats (i.e. not bound by DPG, it can play AVI and FLV and stuff too) and also plays homebrew, and currently houses the only Slot 1 GBA emulator in existence.
Lol at all of the people who said it will NEVER happen

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
ChrisMims said:
ProtoKun7 said:
The only reason it happened was because the iplayer has extra processing power and the gba emulator uses that extra power to emulate gba games. No one could predict that a company would make a flash cart with extra ram and processing power.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
ChrisMims said:
ProtoKun7 said:

And it still hasn't happened in the way you're trying to imply, there is not and nor will their ever be a GBA emulator for a generic slot-1 device. The emulator is for the iPlayer only. So in effect there's still no GBA emulator for the DS, there's a GBA emulator for the iPlayer which plays on a DS.

Don9aldo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The iPlayer version has to be 1.2 right. And the 2GB SD should be formatted to FAT, done that. All the files which were in the EN plugin folder for the emulator download should now be in the plugin folder in the _system folder, ticked that box.

The icon for the emulator shows up in the Homebrew section of the iPlayer fine, and yet it still freezes when I try to load it! Unless it's supposed to take hours to load up, (I'm not prepared to wait that long for an emulator) I think its busted. Maybe I should go back to playing the GBA on the Wii.

... At least I can still watch bleach on it.

Highditto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it sounds like you've done everything right, so I'm at a loss. All I can think of is to try again and see if it works, I got mine running with no problems (except I still can't figure out how the cheat codes work). If I can think of anything else that might Help I'll let you know but until then enjoy Bleach.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:

Why such a powerful slot 1 cart cannot play fresh nds dumps?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/lssx_bNgdAE?si=T5MxUWkA3KtBDSYS