GBA emulation

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by aofelix, Jan 14, 2015.

1. aofelix
    OP

aofelix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 21, 2013
    Hey guys, in terms of playing GBA games, whats the best way?

I don't know whether to buy a DS Lite+ Flash Cart.. which flash cart to get?

or to buy a device which can emulate them? I want to play stuff like Golden Sun so pretty intense for a small device (example, PSP can't do it, DSTWO still emulates it slow).

Any suggestions?

2. prowler

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    [​IMG]

They go for like £50 (lower if you can get a good bid) on eBay. It can play Golden Sun, I don't know why you think it can't?

3. aofelix
    OP

Dec 21, 2013
  4. prowler

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    I must've not played Golden Sun on my PSP then.

5. aofelix
    OP

Dec 21, 2013
    Are you being sarcastic? You could be correct but I've googled around and most people say golden sun doesn't reach full speed on the PSP :(

6. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    those posts are outdated, gpSP Kai 3.5 mod(I think that's the lastest version) can emulate Golden Sun no problem, and so does TempGBA on the DSTwo.

Now you are talking about the best way to play GBA. to achieve that you better get a EZ-Flash IV and a GBA SP AGS-101 or GB Micro or a modded classic GBA with backlight.

Skull Kiddo likes this.
  7. aofelix
    OP

Dec 21, 2013
    Hmmm are there any good GBA PC emulators which upscale/sharpen/smooth the graphics or improve them so they're playable on a TV?

8. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    VBA has filters that can help

9. FailName

FailName ░▒▓█▓▒░

Sep 26, 2011
    United States
    Have you tried TempGBA on a DSTWO, or TempGBA4PSP on, well, a psp? They run Golden Sun games better, and I think they weren't made until some time after that thread you linked to.

zfreeman and Skull Kiddo like this.
  10. Catastrophic

Catastrophic Perfectly Normal

Apr 28, 2012
    Somewhere
    If you're looking to play the games on the go, then the best solution would be an AGS-101 with an EZ4. If you simply want to play the games, then you could hook up a computer to a TV, hook a controller to the computer and play the game with the right filters and resolutions. I once tried emulating SNES games this way and they looked just fine, so I can't see why GBA games wouldn't.

11. aofelix
    OP

Dec 21, 2013
    Hmmm I do have a GB SP and GBA from when I was a kid. However the odds of finding it seem pretty low.