Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocker2505

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ive looked around for a couple of days now and tried a few but still cannot find a gba emulator for ds that saves
does any one know of one
help would be greatly apriciated

Brouhaha

Trophies
Website
spaces.msn.com
XP
Country
Canada
Mind giving a link to the ones you've tried but don't save?
laugh.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lameboy does save, but if you read the documentation, you'll find that after saving in-game you have to press X to send the updated save info to the *.sav file on your card. If you don't do this, you'll lose your progress. Pressing L+R to go back to the rom selection menu also automatically does this for you.

Judging by the date of that MaxConsole link, I'd say that's the old version of DSboy, not the newer one with palette support. IMO you'd be best off ignoring both, but I know that the one you're trying to use has no saving support whatsoever. Just use Lameboy instead.

whatever_desu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use an R4 and an EZFlash3-in-1. If you use the GBA ExpLoader on your R4's SD card it works fine with the EZFlash3-in-1 and will save if you do it right. After you're done playing a GBA game turn off your DS and turn it back on. Then go to the GBA ExpLoader again and it will ask you if you want to write to your SD card. Do so and your save you created while you were playing is now on the R4's SD card. Sadly you have to do this every time you are done playing a GBA game. If you don't then the save file will stay on the EZFlash3-in-1's RAM which wipes itself about an hour after the DS is turned off. So you must save it o the R4's SD card every time. On the other hand, it means that your save files are incredibly secure AND you can easily back them up on your computer.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazy bums can't waste 20 bucks on the secondary cart if you spent at least 40 on the first?

I mean if you're underage and can't get it yourself, just fill out surveys on some site like prizerebel and get it for free (Or work for it rather than pay rly)

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will quote myself here:

DanTheManMS said:
Thanks for reading the entire topic before bumping a month-old thread that was already resolved.

Lazy bums can't waste 20 seconds reading the whole topic if you spent at least 10 opening the topic in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s