Hacking GBA emu with a DSi XL and a SCDS2

Dead Ghost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know that all GBA emu games have a black border on the DS. But with the increased size of the DSi XL screens, the actual GBA game screen on the DSi XL should be bigger than on the DSi (even with the black borders), right? How bigger?
smile.gif

If anyone has a DSi XL and SCDS2, care to post some pics with a GBA game running? Please?
biggrin.gif

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't personally have a DSiXL but I was talking to someone that did as well as a SCDSTWO and they look bigger but the black border is also thicker. I don't have any pictures so I don't know what it looks like personally.

coattails

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I sold my DSi to buy my XL... so I can't put them side by side but it's definitely bigger than a DSi screen.
It's also not as pixelated as it looks, that's just my camera being shitty.

dsc00400hs.jpg

dsc00401cq.jpg

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't you have a border around the GBA screen? I know you can do this loading from Slot-2, so I see no reason for it not to work via emulation.

PS Do either of you guys (who posted pics of XL) have backlight bleeding (on either screen) or improperly/overly glued screen cover (on top screen)?

dhjohn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gumbyx84 said:
Can't you have a border around the GBA screen? I know you can do this loading from Slot-2, so I see no reason for it not to work via emulation.

PS Do either of you guys (who posted pics of XL) have backlight bleeding (on either screen) or improperly/overly glued screen cover (on top screen)?

The emulator does not support gba borders, but there is no reason supercard could not add it (I hope they do. Everyone that wants it should contact them. I assume through the supercard forum's admin?).

coattails

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gumbyx84 said:

I've got some backlight bleeding on the touch screen (seems to be common in all DSi XLs) and screen protectors on both screens.
I'm rather proud of how well I applied my top screen protector, can't say the same for the bottom
frown.gif

Overwhelming

Trophies
XP
Country
Dead Ghost said:
I know that all GBA emu games have a black border on the DS. But with the increased size of the DSi XL screens, the actual GBA game screen on the DSi XL should be bigger than on the DSi (even with the black borders), right? How bigger?
smile.gif

If anyone has a DSi XL and SCDS2, care to post some pics with a GBA game running? Please?
biggrin.gif

XL's screen resolution is the same as the DSi, so the GBA screen will just be proportionally larger in this handheld console.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coattails said:
gumbyx84 said:

I've got some backlight bleeding on the touch screen (seems to be common in all DSi XLs) and screen protectors on both screens.
I'm rather proud of how well I applied my top screen protector, can't say the same for the bottom
frown.gif
Sorry. I didn't mean screen protector. On the top screen there is a replaceable plastic "cover" over the actual screen. That is what I meant. Mine has glue squished out and dried around it. I actually dulled the matte finish around the top screen trying to get rid of it.

As for the lack of a GBA border: SC Team didn't develop the GBA emulator. Isn't it a port of the emulator on the iPlayer? Wouldn't the original dev(s) have to add it in?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gumbyx84 said:
As for the lack of a GBA border: SC Team didn't develop the GBA emulator. Isn't it a port of the emulator on the iPlayer? Wouldn't the original dev(s) have to add it in?
If the SC team can't add anything to the GBA emulator, then explain the last few GBA emulator updates.

dhjohn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gumbyx84 said:
coattails said:
gumbyx84 said:

frown.gif
Sorry. I didn't mean screen protector. On the top screen there is a replaceable plastic "cover" over the actual screen. That is what I meant. Mine has glue squished out and dried around it. I actually dulled the matte finish around the top screen trying to get rid of it.

They have made changes to it (new ui from what I understand, and we are on the 2nd revision released) so they must have the source code to work with.

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People have speculated that DarkChen is actually part of the Supercard Team since he is the only one with the SDK for iPlayer and source for NDSGBA, it's pretty obvious that the Supercard team was behind the iPlayer and NDSGBA

Edit: Raing3 points this out in his Supercard DSTWO: GBA Emulator Details thread

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-