Homebrew GBA emu on r4

RozeMoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey it's been a while. I have a new question: Is there a way to get like a .nds gba emu or an emulator for the gba that runs and reads the games off the sd card in the r4 card? I have way too many games on the system SD card and it's pretty full even with the upgrade to a 32 so it's really not an option to have my gba, nes and snes games all on the system sd card.

Note: I already have a .nds for my nes games and that works perfectly.

Tweaker_Modding

Siezure Dice™
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey it's been a while. I have a new question: Is there a way to get like a .nds gba emu or an emulator for the gba that runs and reads the games off the sd card in the r4 card? I have way too many games on the system SD card and it's pretty full even with the upgrade to a 32 so it's really not an option to have my gba, nes and snes games all on the system sd card.

Note: I already have a .nds for my nes games and that works perfectly.
I think there is one but its kinda unstable idk i’ll have to do some research on that

Edit:
this is the one i was on about (idk if i’m allowed to post links)

Last edited by Tweaker_Modding,

RozeMoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there is one but its kinda unstable idk i’ll have to do some research on that

Edit:
this is the one i was on about (idk if i’m allowed to post links)

Yea this is the method I've been using, just been having a lot of issues with it not wanting to play the roms at all. Thought there might be a better way that wasn't cia. Thanks.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Last edited by migles,

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard things about GBARunner2
Although GBA emulation from slot1 without additional hardware seems like it's always going to be a bit of an uphill battle.

Eh gbarunner2 has the basics pretty much figured out, especially if you moved it into a DSi environment. Just need to pay Gericom to quit his day job to finish it up. :D

Tweaker_Modding

Siezure Dice™
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Eh gbarunner2 has the basics pretty much figured out, especially if you moved it into a DSi environment. Just need to pay Gericom to quit his day job to finish it up. :D
I have tested GBA runner and i tried 3 games
WarioWare = Playable but has broken sound
Mario Bros 3 = corrupted data error
Nicktoons Freeze Frame Frenzy = has broken sounds and crashes after the press start screen

Yeah it needs a lot of work

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have tested GBA runner and i tried 3 games
WarioWare = Playable but has broken sound
Mario Bros 3 = corrupted data error
Nicktoons Freeze Frame Frenzy = has broken sounds and crashes after the press start screen

Yeah it needs a lot of work
if you use an SRAM patch on SMA4 you can play it, its a little glitchy, but overall as long as you follow what the compatibility list says you can get a pretty functional experience

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it's lacking support for a ton of things, but there are games that play at full speed consistently. There is no GBA emulator on the DS processor that can do that. So the "hypervisor" approach is capable of getting us to near-perfect emulation, something like Nintendon't on the Wii U, but much more work is required for that to actually happen.

D

Deleted User

You probably mean quit his studys because he´s a college student. Not gonna see that happen.

RozeMoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all for your help and advice. I know that the all the emu on the old dstwo work on 3ds with no issues. I used to have one, but it went missing and I've yet to recover it. The fact that it worked perfectly for every rom is what gave me hope there would be an r4 equivalent since there isn't. I'm thinking I may just have to either replace my old one or buy their new version and see if it works. Unless anyone knows if that firmware can run on an r4 card or be patched in in some way?

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thank you all for your help and advice. I know that the all the emu on the old dstwo work on 3ds with no issues. I used to have one, but it went missing and I've yet to recover it. The fact that it worked perfectly for every rom is what gave me hope there would be an r4 equivalent since there isn't. I'm thinking I may just have to either replace my old one or buy their new version and see if it works. Unless anyone knows if that firmware can run on an r4 card or be patched in in some way?
the DStwo had a great emulator because it packed a coprocessor inside of it, the DS itself cant do it alone, because of that, it drained battery like crazy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!