GBA Bug with the M3Real?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by El Blacksheep, Mar 17, 2009.

Mar 17, 2009
  1. El Blacksheep
    OP

Member El Blacksheep GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I've been playing Yggdra Union (a GBA title) off and on over the last few months, and I've spent a considerably large amount of time making sure each mission was completed perfectly, abusing RTS to force ideal scenarios in every mission. Now near the end of the game, I was stuck on a mission and thus haven't played the game for a week or two. Having come up with a strategy for it I loaded the game back up today.

Only when I reached the title screen, there was no Load Game option.

I immediately paniced, thinking my save file had corrupted somehow, so I tried loading my RTS save and it just locked up (white screen, RTS menu no longer accessible). I rebooted the DS and tried again, same thing. Took the card out, put it back in, tried again, same results.

I put my micro sdhc in my pc to see if the save file was still there, and indeed it's still there, hasn't been renamed or anything.

...what the hell is going on here? has anyone else had this happen?

2. El Blacksheep
    OP

United States
    Just found this topic: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=139233
    Kinda wish there were some kind of warning about a bug this big... I spent so many goddamn hours on this game and now my save file is apparently non-recoverable.

Has anyone had any luck recovering their save data from an error like this?

3. DaRealChrono

Newcomer DaRealChrono Advanced Member

United States
    Not to come off as an asshole, but that's why you should always back your card up every now and then.

Trust me...I haven't had the particular error, but if by chance you read my one topic about my card corrupting, I've had experience. Luckily I didn't lose anything since I had my saves backed-up.

4. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    I haven't had this happen to me yet (knock on wood), but have you tried loading the GBA save in a GBA emulator for the PC like VBA-M? Maybe, just maybe you can recover your file that way.

5. El Blacksheep
    OP

United States
    Wouldn't do a bit of good. Apparently the bug causes every bit in the save file to be overwritten with zeros, so it doesn't contain any data :/

It just really bothers me the one game I was putting a lot of effort into a "perfect" save file ends up getting corrupted by some bug the m3 devs should've been able to correct by now.