GBA battery life on Acekard

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by prosty, Aug 26, 2011.

Aug 26, 2011

GBA battery life on Acekard by prosty at 5:22 PM (714 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. prosty
    OP

Newcomer prosty Member

Poland
    Hi there.

Gotta a strange question I was wondering about. if I run my Pokemon Fire Red cart on gba slot using acekard menu, will it drain my battery as normally using acekard, or just drain like gba game? Since acekard gives the GBA an border with "gameboy advance" sign on the bottom of the screen. I prefer usign this one.

2. Themanhunt

Member Themanhunt GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    If you are running a game that has been dumped like a .nds or .gba file and emulate that off the cart then it will drain more power than if you are playing the game with a flash card.

3. prosty
    OP

Newcomer prosty Member

Poland
    I am not. I am running an legal pokemon fire red cartridge. However I can run this game through acekard to get this border effect. That's my question was about. If it drains more power that way.
    @edit
    Don't mind me. I had just put out my acekard while playing gba that way. It didnt' broke, so it doesn't use acekard. That's great!

4. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    I think the slot 1 is cut off when the GBA game is launched but I could be wrong. In any event, the battery life shouldn't be affected much at all.

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    launching using akaio it sneaks in a second layer for the gba boarder. that layer is being drawn to the screen just like the game graphics. i'm sure it takes up more battery to draw anything more than a black edge. i don't think its going to be a significant amount of battery life.

-another world