GBA Backup Saves

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Triwing, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Triwing
    OP

Triwing Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2015
    Italy
    Hi all,

I own a Gameboy Advance with some carts and an EZ-Flash IV. I want to copy my savefiles; the most common method uses a NintendoDS with Slot2 and GBA Backup Tool. However, I do not own a DS.

Today, I found this post http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/SendSave/index.html#cart_save . This program (GBA Game Save Backup Utility) should read and write between an original cartridge and a flashcart. When I launch the program, it requires to swap the flashcart and the original cartridge; but when I reinsert the EZ-Flash IV, the GBA just reboots, and everything is lost. Is there a way to solve this?

2. Grim Ripper

Grim Ripper GBAtemp Regular

Jan 25, 2016
    Greece
    There have been some ways, like slowly inserting the ez4 but it never worked for me. :(

I bought a ds phat anyway and i'll get a cheap flashcard (probably R4) and all will be well.
    Check if you can find a cheap ds, yard sales maybe?

3. Triwing
    OP

Triwing Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2015
    Italy
    Seems like there is no way to read a save, since reinserting the flashcart resets the GBA.
    However, I was trying to do the converse: write a save on a cart using this utility. I loaded cart_save.gba, and pressed R to "write a save to a game". Here, it appeared the message "Write save selected", but I could not choose the save I loaded on the cart. Is that a problem of my EZ or is common? Can someone check if this utility works?