GBA Ambassador games native resolution

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by arabtm, Mar 18, 2016.

1. arabtm
    OP

arabtm Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2007
    Indonesia
    Hi all,

I've installed recently ambassador games, and I was wondering, is it possible to permanently use a fixed native resolution when booting up the games? The 3DS strecth the resolution and it looks blurry.

What I know for now, we have to hold START or SELECT upon booting the games, but it seems inconvinient if we have to do it everytime. It would be nice if we can have like the SNES VC, where the native resolution is permanent.

Perhaps some patch is available to make the native resolution permanent?

Thanks for the help.

2. survive9

survive9 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2014
    United States
    neither of those things should happen, but idk how to solve it. did you install agb_firm patched from "that isosite"?

3. arabtm
    OP

arabtm Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2007
    Indonesia
    I'm using ambassador games, since they're legit. so I didn't install any agb-firm yet.
    ambassador games boots up properly, and since I'm in sysnand with A9LH, I can play it.

I'm just wondering how to have the native resolution set by default, without pressing START everytime. Do you mean that agb-firm patch does this?

4. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    I don't think a patch exists yet.

5. lordkaos

lordkaos GBAtemp Fan

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    hi, i've got a gba vc related question, does anyone notices how the backlight level changes when you play a gba game?, is there any way to change this so the backlight level stays in lv5?

6. arabtm
    OP

arabtm Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2007
    Indonesia
    ok. thanks for the confirmation :)