Homebrew GB and GBC emulations on NDS

lumo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Any slot 2 card can have gb/c emulation as there is a gba emulator called goomba colour that runs both formats, infact some like supercard have goomba colour built into the firmware so you only need to put the .gbc file on the flash card and dont need to patch it on pc. As far as slot 1 goes there was an emulator called DS-GBC but i think it only ever got one release back in aug 05 and never worked for me anyway.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
There are no slot 1 emulators for Gameboy games yet.

Like the guy above said there is a GB/GBC emulator called "Goomba Color", but it will only run on slot-2 carts which can run GBA games (not Supercard Rumble, M3 Pro or maybe the EZ4 Compact (although that one might now, not sure))

shaffaaf27

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thankyou for the replies. i never knew about goomba colour.

could i have this up and running on my EZ flash 4 lite (the first one, not compact or deluxe)?

and will it save that game.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It should run on the EZ4, have a read here about saving though:
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=2801&start=0
Current versions of goomba color do not support savestates (unlike some versions of goomba), you might also want to try some of the alphas out:
http://www.dwedit.org/dwedit_board/viewforum.php?id=5

As for the DS there are a few early attempts at GB© emulation but they did not really amount to much when compared to goomba.

Edit: the EZ4 lite compact should run it as long as you keep the file size before 64Mbit

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Does the Goomba Color lag with GBC games? I remember trying out the GBAMP version, and the GBC games played at on frame per second, if at all. I didn't try it with my EZF 4.

loepie92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Couldn't gnuboy be ported to the DS, considering that this emulator also has been ported to the iPod...
huh.gif

Staroffurby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want Gameboy and Gameboy Color emu then buy a supercard as its built into the firmware, as well as Sega Master Sytem, NES (Famicom) and PC-Engine (Turbo Grafx-16).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)