residence aparents trols of temps
Banned
Trophies
Website
knucklestheechidna.com
XP
Country
Australia
oh wow hating gateway how original. talking about debnuked bricks code again and again. it never stops on temp does it.
gatway will releas suport for high emunand heal my words.
"We will keep you posted very soon, and be sure that as always, we will offer full support for all Gateway user,even for day one buyers from 4 years ago!"
this hapens. son.

do.

Reactions: mikefor20

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope they do come out with a "new major update that will once again revolutionize the (N)3DS scene." I would dust off my GW for the right feature. (true amiibo emulation..) If they don't they are a device for piracy. Ninty won the battle. Don't cry. I would love to use gateway again. It's nice to use things you own. I remember everyone bitching about GW's price. They cried while I played roms on my GW 4.5 3DS. Then they cried about the brick code. Buyer beware. Holy SHIT!?!? You mean a bunch of mostly anonymous people who built something to rip off Nintendo aren't trustworthy?!!? Grow up. You knew they were a snake. You CAN just use Luma. Like I have been since it came out. But IF you are careful, you can use GW too. Besides that, ignore all the whining fools on here hating GW. If you have it and you're safe, use it. It's not currently an option on 11.6. But you can downgrade if you like. There are lots of tutorials. It's cool when it works. Nice having an extra SD slot to utilize. Cheats. Be careful, know the risks and watch what you're doing. Have a backup plan (NTRboot) if you lose B9S or brick and you'll be fine. I wouldn't buy one now, but I sure as shit did back in the day when it was, in fact, THE ONLY OPTION FOR A LONG TIME. Use it if you want. Ignore the whiny SJW fools on here complaining about Gateway's politics. They are probably the same bitches who were complaining about having to buy one to play roms back in the 4.5 days. Fuck them. They are still bitching. And I am still playing games,,

Last edited by mikefor20,
Reactions: nccom

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they don't they are a device for piracy.
:blink:
What? They ARE for piracy. If they emulated Amiibo... that's just MORE piracy.

I still use my GW pretty much every day for the cheats, mostly. With latest luma, b9s, and fully updated sysnand. I don't recall a time when you couldn't use GW along side CFW (considering it's been around before CFW was even a thing).

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I did... When did this happen? And why hasn't there been any modified GW launchers (specifically, an upgraded GW launcher for DSTWO+)?
No... I think there is still much of that puzzle missing. Still, finding it and being able to change or bypass it aren't the same thing. Disappointment all over again. Thanks GW :hateit:
It's probably the lack of source code that's stopping anyone from making a brickless Gateway firmware.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:blink:
What? They ARE for piracy. If they emulated Amiibo... that's just MORE piracy.

I still use my GW pretty much every day for the cheats, mostly. With latest luma, b9s, and fully updated sysnand. I don't recall a time when you couldn't use GW along side CFW (considering it's been around before CFW was even a thing).

That's what I said. If they(GW) don't update it, (remember) they ARE a device for piracy. My bad. Didn't make it clear enough for HS kids. Just reminding you that GW doesn't care. They never said they did. They got the cash. You think a band of Chinese thieves that made a device to pirate games feel obligated to support it?? Grow up. They don't give a fuck. And the never should have been trusted. They are thieves. You knew this, man. But it's still nice to use the things you own. Damned hypocrite GW hating fuzzy morons.

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gateway still works great. Started playing new layton yesterday.
Okay...no latest emunand. Who gives? Can install games with qr code, can install cias.
The vita scene is much more relaxed. The need to stay on 3.60 and therefor missing the latest games never seems to bother anyone

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably the lack of source code that's stopping anyone from making a brickless Gateway firmware.
It's more than that. Source code would make it simple, of course, but When something isn't obfuscated and/or encrypted with an additional check for tampering (like CMAC, CRC, etc...) it would have been trivial to null the brick code or have the check for authentic cards to always return "True" (1). If it were that simple, either the DSTWO team would have been able to do it, or they would have PAID someone for the info. Hasn't happened.

Last edited by urherenow,

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DSTwo team is a bunch of thieves too...

We are all (little) thieves in using flashcards and CFW: playing our 3ds roms, installing cia's and scanning qr-codes for installing e-shop titles. :)

By buying flascards since they surfaced (i thought somewhere around the Gameboy Advanced time) we are enabling shady -mostly- Chinese companies to exist. Shady business and support don't 'mix and match' and for that we can even say that support for Gateway wasn't that bad at all (assuming that no update wil come anymore)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
oh wow hating gateway how original. talking about debnuked bricks code again and again. it never stops on temp does it.
gatway will releas suport for high emunand heal my words.
"We will keep you posted very soon, and be sure that as always, we will offer full support for all Gateway user,even for day one buyers from 4 years ago!"
this hapens. son.

do.
It’s not really hating on them to point out their glaring flaws, nor was the brick code debunked.
They’ve said countless times that they will “keep us posted” and an “update will be soon,” but thus far they’ve missed about 3 different deadlines.
Even if they do comes out with an update, is it really worth the wait? Gateway users have dealt with literal months of delays and well over a year of dealing with outdated software. To even support them at this point comes off as sad and desperate.

Last edited by The Catboy,

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly my point. All these people whining about GW. They stole code. wahh. Brick code. The brick code only really mattered with clone cards. So GW team protects their assets. So what. Shitty way to do it but didn't affect my genuine card. I know what I am doing so I don't do stupid shit like update in GW mode on Sys nand. GW was FIRST and for big boys. Sorry to all the dullards and babies. I know they stole code but everyone here steals code. Exactly. And whoever thought support would be anything but what it is ... Morons. I am sure they can file a grievance with the local Chinese governments lol.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay...no latest emunand. Who gives? Can install games with qr code, can install cias.
The vita scene is much more relaxed. The need to stay on 3.60 and therefor missing the latest games never seems to bother anyone
I don't have a Vita so I don't know but is there an option for them to update fully while keeping their CFW? If not then that comparison is moot as Gateway can be tossed in favor of a fully updateable and unpatchable exploit. People that stay outdated on a 3DS don't have to, they choose to and then complain about being limited. That's the problem; everyone wants to have their cake and eat it too.

Reactions: The Catboy

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would agree with all complaints above... for NEW people thinking of buying one. But let's be real, people complaining ALREADY HAVE ONE. We may have supported them by buying the card, but these threads aren't here to support them. We are asking for them support US!

Gateway can be tossed in favor of a fully updateable and unpatchable exploit.
For those that already own a GW, there is no reason to toss it. If you don't have one, then I can do more than you can. Period. (I run Luma when I want, and STILL use GW, as do most GW users with a brain.)

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: mikefor20

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would agree with all complaints above... for NEW people thinking of buying one. But let's be real, people complaining ALREADY HAVE ONE. We may have supported them by buying the card, but these threads aren't here to support them. We are asking for them support US!
Meh, my consensus is if you haven't bothered to research a product before dropping $80 on it and it's outdated you have no one to blame but yourself. Consumers are responsible for making their own purchase decisions. As for the people that bought it years ago, most companies only offer support for 2 years on much more expensive products, whether it be updates or service. This is standard for the electronic market. If you bought your Gateway 5 years ago, you got your money's worth in the time it was supported; time to move on or deal with a defunct product.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s not really hating on them to point out their glaring flaws, nor was the brick code debunked.
They’ve said countless times that they will “keep us posted” and an “update will be soon,” but thus far they’ve missed about 3 different deadlines.
Even if they do comes out with an update, is it really worth the wait? Gateway users have delt with literal months of delays and well over a year of dealing with outdated software. To even support them at this point comes off as sad and desperate.

It's amazing we got the support we did. I just see a bunch of cry babies. So what about a delay. Even if its never. There are alternatives and work arounds. We had a good run. I been on GW since 4.5 and I still run it on one system. Delays and vaporware be dammed. Who cares. Nobody buys Gateways anymore. Bedsides, It's not like they are making you wait 6 months to find out who Negan killed. Don't use it. But don't cry whenever someone wants to. Whats it to you? As long as they are okay with the risk it's none of your business. I am tired of all the " How do I do such and such in GW " threads full of pompous HS kids pretending they are the authority on all things 3DS. If you don't like it fuck off. I don't tell you what to stick in your slot.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except it's not a defunct product (not completely). An update WILL be released after the Stargate releases and irons out any bugs that pop up. There is only 1 programmer on the team (supposedly).

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can't play online, update games and access the shop so no it doesn't work very great, and I have it.

I wanted to try and go on a custom fw but really the procedure is very tedious also because I need to convert all the saves files and games to cia.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except it's not a defunct product. Completely. An update WILL be released after the Stargate releases and irons out any bugs that pop up. There is only 1 programmer on the team (supposedly).
I think will is a bit of a grey area considering they aren't exactly known to keep their word. I dunno, people complaining about Gateway makes me think of people that bought Blockbuster gift cards a week before they closed shop; I highly doubt they got refunds.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For those that already own a GW, there is no reason to toss it. If you don't have one, then I can do more than you can. Period. (I run Luma when I want, and STILL use GW, as do most GW users with a brain.)

When most of us bought gateways they were the only option. And they stayed that way for a long time. People need to stop whining. Who cares

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I'm not doing ok, everywhere I go I see sex