Hacking Gateway will fix any bricked 3DS for free, as long as you're not lying!

crazyace2011

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As proof that you even own a Gateway card and didn't just use their unmodified launcher? doh!

my system isn't bricked it works flawlessly with the gateway card and I don't have any unmodded files everything is off their site. I was meaning in general with they posted in the email

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
my system isn't bricked it works flawlessly with the gateway card. I was meaning in general with they posted in the email

What part about my post didn't you get? They require people to send their red card with the device, so they are sure the people claiming to be customers are in fact their customers.

They have no obligation to be repairing someone's stuff if that person isn't even a Gateway flashcard owner.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
This flashcard brand war is a movie that we already seen on DS era. Users and employees pretending to be users deffend one brand and atack others.

Anyway, internet sales is something based on trust, we buy from a place that get our money before we get the product. But when the seller have to trust, we got this "It is better to be true or we will charge you $100 on a $20 dollar shipping."

I'm not loyal to any flashkit producer, but I must say that making threats is a ridiculous way to provide support.

Reactions: NEP and [Truth]

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If they did what you suggest, they'd only get away with doing this to a handful of individuals, after which word of this will get out and their entire business will be completely ruined. Yeah, they are gonna do that, to "score half a dozen 3DSes". How fucking stupid are you exactly?

What business?

You mean they will ruin their household name in the tech industry? No one will buy smartphones, TVs, laptops from them? You mean they worked so hard for decades to be recognised among the giants of firms, and they will ruin their reputation for a handful of 3DSs?

These people aren't in it for the long term. These are pirates. They don't care about long term reputations, profits, etc. They don't even know if their profits will last for long, they are not guaranteed, they may never find another exploit...

They are in it to get as much money as they can get as soon as possible. And then close shop and go to the Bahamas for some fun...

PS: If they ruin their reputation, they can always close Gateway and open another pirate firm. Big deal...

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What business?

You mean they will ruin their household name in the tech industry? No one will buy smartphones, TVs, laptops from them? You mean they worked so hard for decades to be recognised among the giants of firms, and they will ruin their reputation for a handful of 3DSs?

oh, you are a smartass are you? they are a flashcard business. they sell flashcards and have been and still are making steady money off this business

this lame "mockery" of yours just shows me you have no real argument against my point. "oh they aren't quite as big as samsung are they?" as if that invalidated anything I said.

Reactions: Schizoanalysis

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then you say that if you use official gateway cards that you have "ZERO Chance of bricking" which was proven false today by users like Apolloooo and people from other forums
That Apolloooo case is unproven.
Don't use unproven cases.

You are tired of me dissing r4.
I'm surprised people are stupid enough to buy a card from someone who knows nothing about 3DS.

Reactions: mhss

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
oh, you are a smartass are you? they are a flashcard business. they sell flashcards and have been and still are making steady money off this business

this lame "mockery" of yours just shows me you have no real argument against my point. "oh they aren't quite as big as samsung are they?" as if that invalidated anything I said.

LOL, sure i have no argument... Let others decide that, you just go back to your mama and ask to play your 3ds kid...

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
LOL, sure i have no argument... Let others decide that, you just go back to your mama and ask to play your 3ds kid...

the mere fact that the profit from selling AS LITTLE AS TEN more flashcards outweighs any financial benefit they'd potentially get from this supposed "scheme" should show you the idiocy of your suggestion.

but, sure, pretend you won the argument and call me a "kid" and tell me to "go to my momma". whatever makes you feel better.

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"R4 team" are hiring people to spread misinformation about Gateway, stimulate conversations on forums like this one to blame all the fault at Gateway. It was proven on other forums by their administrators.

Wouldn't surprise me.
Start a new thread about this.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, go ahead, provide the details. Wait, I bet it's not going to happen.

Well, it should be pretty simple, as a forum administrator to get the necessary details to put certain claims into question.

They'd have access to certain info regular users wouldn't, such as ip addresses of posters, which they can crosscheck against other user accounts, geoip data, etc.

Privacy concerns may prevent them from actually publishing these actually details, however.

Relenting

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Absolutely not.
He has gone MIA as soon as Gateway offered to fix it for free.
He won't send it in because his story doesn't add up.

I think he's gone MIA because he's doing something else. If he was a shill, he'd be spewing lies here, like someone we know.

Reactions: NEP

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Absolutely not.
He has gone MIA as soon as Gateway offered to fix it for free.
He won't send it in because his story doesn't add up.

I found that highly suspicious, too. Since that story about the Gateway support statement broke he completely disappeared from the thread.

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
the mere fact that the profit from selling AS LITTLE AS TEN more flashcards outweighs any financial benefit they'd potentially get from this supposed "scheme" should show you the idiocy of your suggestion.

but, sure, pretend you won the argument and call me a "kid" and tell me to "go to my momma". whatever makes you feel better.

Their market is not infinite kid. There is a shortage of 4.1-4.5 consoles out there. If they never find another exploit, this is their market, and will be shrinking by console malfunctions... Maybe even destroyed when someone releases a softmod...

And i am seeing that you are not even good at math kido. They need to sell 5-10 flashkarts for every 3ds they could sell. The thing is, to who? The only people who could buy their flashkarts, are those with those consoles... So they cannot sell more flashkarts than the 3DSes, could they? All in all, they can make a much bigger profit from selling consoles that cost them nothing... See my point?

Go back to school, you have work to do...

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think he's gone MIA because he's doing something else.

He'd been online as recently as roughly 8 hours ago, LONG after that statement was released by Gateway team. So there goes that theory.

You can verify this info by checking his forum profile. Hard to imagine he is actually on the forum but oblivious to developments in his own thread, which is presumably about a subject that is right now very important to him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh