Gateway Team possibly working on an arm9loaderhax payload

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Xenon Hacks, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Xenon Hacks
    OP

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Hope they can release something soon not being able to use my Red card is the only thing keeping me away from arm9loaderhax
    [​IMG]

DrakeLyon likes this.
  2. Nikki_swap

Nikki_swap The Lewdest

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    Don't they say that for every question asked?

3. Xenon Hacks
    OP

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Hence possibly they rarely respond to emails.

4. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    Yeah, I'm afraid that seems like a generic response.

I do hope that one appears. While CFWs have surpassed Gateway, I'll probably keep using mine because I have a 32GB MicroSD in mine in addition to the 64GB on my actual console. Ditching Gateway would see me lose 32GB of storage.

5. kiwiis

kiwiis キウィイス

Sep 8, 2015
    I wanted to support Gateway, but unfortunately on my 2DS it seemed like it just didn't want to work. I tried 3 different Gateways (multiple returns) and multiple SDs and the multi-rom menu always gave me a read error. Nice to hear though.

6. 20mark

20mark GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2011
    Italy
    Italy
    you could use gw. just boot into a9hax reinand sysnand and there you can start gw by: browserhax, menuhax, or mset. its not fast as booting into cfw from a9hl, but you just can.

7. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    um.. gateway is the most thing that I use on my 3ds.. it works just fine.. not sure where you are having problems?

The only thing that I have in mind that wouldn't work that you might be using, is themehax.. It you are looking to autoboot to it then yeah that's not going to work.

peteruk likes this.
  8. Xenon Hacks
    OP

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    The goal is to simply turn on the N3DS and be in Gateway mode.

9. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    So yeah, autobooting. Yeah not going to work. But I don't see why this would be a reason to keep you away from it. The benefits outweigh the negatives by a huge margin. taking a couple of extra seconds to load gateway shouldnt be a problme. It's up to you though

10. Xenon Hacks
    OP

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    I dont use Emunand maybe my payload is old or something whenever I try to load the Gateway menu I get a black screen.

11. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    Now I'm confused.. You are looking to autoboot gw like you are doing now, yet you don't use emunand and get a black screen?

12. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Tbh i feel my gateway card is worthless to me after installing a9hl... I never used the rom selection or the cheat codes anyways. And i feel that stuff could just happen with a9hl over time because we have full control over the 3ds.

13. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    Well duh, if you don't use roms or cheats then whats the point :P

14. Xenon Hacks
    OP

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Gateway Sysnand mode is a thing Emunand is not needed for ar9mlh especially for those who have nand mods.

15. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    I know that, but, err.. basically you are asking them to implement multirom selection in sysnand? I don't see that happening whenever they do release a a9lh one.. It will probably just autoboot to sysnand like it is right now..

16. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    They always respond, its just some automated "we're looking into that" type email. Although they did say they were looking into a cheat function and finally released later on. Its possible. But I'm not feeding the hype here.

17. shamzie

shamzie Oh David de Gea <3

Mar 19, 2014
    Manchester
    I've been away from my 3DS and GBATemp for a while, can someone tell me what the arm9loader is. Thanks.

18. ricosuave0922

ricosuave0922 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2014
    United States
    I got a similar email back from gateway today.

"We are working on this, among a few other things, for future update."

Still extremely generic. Wouldn't get my hopes up too high, but there is a glimmer of hope though.