Not open for further replies.

stl25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My expected setup:

Arm9select (@FIX94) loading AuReiNand (@Aurora Wright) or ReiNand (@Reisyukaku) CFW as default.bin, Uncart (@neobrain, archshift, yuriks, @Normmatt, and lioncash) to select.bin, Decrypt9WIP (@d0k3) set to select.bin, and Gateway set to down.bin. 1 button loading for all your CFW/Cart dumping/Decrypting/Cheating needs.

Edit: Should have included a big thanks to all the devs who developed guides/downgraders/and ultimately A9LH. Because of this monumental development these other great projects can be used more effectively.

Last edited by stl25,

stl25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? What does that even mean? I've used a9lh since the day the OTP stuff was made public, and I still use my GW as well.

:wacko:

Not whether Gateway user still utilize it or not, just support for reliable loading hereby making it convenient to use again. I still use mine but it will get loads more use with A9LH support.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not whether Gateway user still utilize it or not, just support for reliable loading hereby making it convenient to use again. I still use mine but it will get loads more use with A9LH support.
Loading is as reliable as it ever was. I have an icon on my o3ds home menu that boots directly to Gateway with the .3dsx method, and you can do the same PLUS use the MSET method on N3DS (which is pretty close to 100% success rate). Point being that using a9lh from the beginning didn't take away a single method of booting into GW. There is no difference.

Edit: Except for being able to use the icon on sysnand home menu from a fresh boot (without menuhax even). That's actually new, so it is already better than before.

Last edited by urherenow,

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh nice, I didn't care at all for A9LH since my current setup does everything I want decently enough; but if Gateway offers a comfortable way of using it, why not. Sounds cool.

you are missing out. I had 3 3DSs (MM N3DS XL,LBL O3DS XL, and Aqua O3DS) with MenuHax + RxTools (O3DS) and MSET + ReiNAND (N3DS) and I left them that way even after A9LH came out as I thought it was good enough to do what I wanted.
I took the plunge and did all 3 and I could not be more happy with the results and the difference once you try it is huge and you will never want to go back.

I still run mine with 9.2 SysNAND alongside 10.7 EmuNAND as A9LH allows exiting System Settings and DS mode stuff back to SysNAND, all the dumping back into SysNAND IS GONE*

*AGB_Firm dumps into SysNAND for some reason but a reboot will send it back into EmuNAND.

stl25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@urherenow, most of those methods are not 100% reliable. MSET involved modification to sysNAND (no thanks). I realize it did not prevent use of other entry points it will just expedite the process which is kinda the most requested feature that A9LH has solved. People who have A9LH now have control over the boot process and can be more productive without having to wait for say CN to load into ninhax or menuhax to load into GW (or maybe not). Not everyone will see it this way and that's fine but I am sure as a whole the Gateway user base will comment on how much simpler and fun it is to use.

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I don't think GW will release a downgrader.
Downgrade can be performed even on firmwares higher than 10.3 and they should know about it.
They're most likely trying to implement ntrcardhax, which was actually patched in 10.4.
At least, it would make more sense, since it would be direct 10.3 support.
But maybe not, we'll see that SOON™.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like a preemptive strike by Mr. Normmatt has just been deployed:
https://github.com/Normmatt/ntrcardhax

Looks like GW Team needs to be a little sooner.

I noticed an AK2i HW revison 81 is needed for his build, I have one of those so it will be interesting where NTRCardHax ends up as I may be able to use it.

Reactions: impulseADH

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So currently the only advantage A9LH is the fast and 100% boot?

A few more things are missing from your list

1. Acts like an enhanced BootMii where you can backup and restore SysNAND and EmuNAND partitions in case one gets bricked (excludes FIRM related bricks)
2. When using an EmuNAND as default boot (at least with AuReiNAND it does), EmuNAND does not quit back out to SysNAND when you play DS games or access System Settings.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
will be interesting to see if they actually have their own tools for the OTP dumping, would be nice if they have simplified and refined it to something foolproof as there is still quite a few people bricking even with the current guides........or maybe they will just release a a9loaderhax.bin file and leave everyone to it....idk as much as people like to slate GW they have always tried to make things as noob friendly as possible.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
With ntrcardhax out now maybe we'll see a new era of DS flashcarts being pushed with it as a selling point. Not a bad thing - it'll probably bring prices down quite a bit. You get DS mode compatability and a safe, *fast arm9 entrypoint. Not bad.

*probably, hopefully

alevan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Thanks for the answers. There should be an in-depht review of A9LH so users won't have to ask every time in threads.

Reactions: MarkDarkness

ultimatetemper

Trophies
XP
Country
A few more things are missing from your list

1. Acts like an enhanced BootMii where you can backup and restore SysNAND and EmuNAND partitions in case one gets bricked (excludes FIRM related bricks)
2. When using an EmuNAND as default boot (at least with AuReiNAND it does), EmuNAND does not quit back out to SysNAND when you play DS games or access System Settings.

What?
You can play DS games on EmuNAND with this?
BTW, anyone knows if this includes GBA VC support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [louder cricket sounds]