Hacking Gateway site update

Status
Not open for further replies.

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What GW really needs..... screenshot support, save state support (something similar to the NTR solution), better GUI for the "gateway menu" (for .3ds titles), real TWL card support in emunand (no sysnand combo in any way), hassle free downgrader tool and an hassle free switcher tool (so you can easily backup things and switch from arm9loaderhax to menuhax). Without that we are forced to use NTR CFW (screenshot, save state etc) and for some of us we use Reinand for TWL support in emunand. And one more thing, if they really want to compete with Sky3ds and support HANS, they need to do the same thing/something similar as Sky3DS (for .3ds titles), they dont have the button but they could do something like "default boot game choice" and many more things/"surprises".

The only thing they will never change FOR SURE is the forced GW red card on boot but I can live with that (for any thing related in emunand). With all that, GW would be unbeatable because every CFW has its advantages and disadvantages and by implementing all the advantages, the GW would be the CFW/flashcard of choice. They should do it especially if they have a paid solution.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The only thing they will never change FOR SURE is the forced GW red card on boot but I can live with that (for any thing related in emunand). With all that, GW would be unbeatable because every CFW has its advantages and disadvantages and by implementing all the advantages, the GW would be the CFW/flashcard of choice. They should do it especially if they have a paid solution.
It will never be unbeatable for those who are exactly annoyed mostly because it needs the read card on boot.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't see why I should use a CFW. A flashcart, with the external usage of a SD card, and it's own launcher without much additional work or risk, seems to me like the way to go.

Now, I haven't touched my 3DS in quite a while, what has changed this? (Besides having to spend money on a flashcard, which I do not mind)

Reactions: royant1

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'm interested in seeing is how GW A9Hax will work. Currently we need to boot into GW Mode or Classic mode depending on the type of game we want (.3ds or physical cart). If their version of A9Hax allows use of both in one launch then that would be excellent, however I'm sure there will be something that needs selected during boot (hold select during power on for classic mode for example).

I haven't fooled with A9LH yet but was thinking about giving it a try (if it ain't broke don't fix it), but with this announcement I suppose I'll wait just a bit longer for GW support.

Reactions: TheShadowRunner

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe with another CFW (like rxtools) but DS cards (neither legit ones nor the BlueCard) dont work on Gateway Emunand.
Currently I just use Reinand to boot the emunand (created by GW) to be able to use my DS flashcards and to play any bought DS game. GW emunand booted with the GW red card cant load the DS games but the icon shows, so you have access to the saves (Pokemover for example).

I bought the GW flashcard before the "free solution CFWs" arrived.... so, I only hope they do the right thing, switching over from one CFW to another etc is time consuming. I want ONE title.db, ONE nand/sd for all my saves (twl,agb,3ds etc).

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I rather have ONE CFW with tons of feautures/functions and the forced flashcard on boot than 5+ different CFWs.......
But you probably don't use retail carts, so you're not annoyed by the red card. But I do and I am. That's why I said exactly "It will never be unbeatable for those who are exactly annoyed mostly because it needs the read card on boot", good for you if you're not among those people.
And I don't use 5+ different CFWs, I only use AuReiNand.

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What I'm interested in seeing is how GW A9Hax will work. Currently we need to boot into GW Mode or Classic mode depending on the type of game we want (.3ds or physical cart). If their version of A9Hax allows use of both in one launch then that would be excellent, however I'm sure there will be something that needs selected during boot (hold select during power on for classic mode for example).

I haven't fooled with A9LH yet but was thinking about giving it a try (if it ain't broke don't fix it), but with this announcement I suppose I'll wait just a bit longer for GW support.
Gateway added this a long time ago. "Classic mode" is now useless, once your in gateway mode you press select then up, and you choose classic or gateway mode without ever rebooting or anything

Reactions: Codename

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway added this a long time ago. "Classic mode" is now useless, once your in gateway mode you press select then up, and you choose classic or gateway mode without ever rebooting or anything

Ah, cool, I'll have to give that a try later. I've been on a WiiU kick lately so the N3DS has been gathering some dust, hence my hold off on A9LH.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

That doesn't seem to be true?
When I boot into Gateway mode via the .3dsx through MenuHax, I go straight to home menu instead of picking which GW mode to boot into.
From there, if I have my Gateway Red card insteads I can pick which game launching mode to useon the GW selector. If I insert a real game card I can boot that instead, although I won't get to enjoy the real time menu since this does seem to use hardware or storage on the GW card.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
at first i thought you made this up until i checked the gw website,
holy sheep A9 hax support is so cool <3 ..

so by A9 hax they mean a9lh yeah? so we will be able to load their bin file ? super cool :3

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't seem to be true?
When I boot into Gateway mode via the .3dsx through MenuHax, I go straight to home menu instead of picking which GW mode to boot into.

It's probably programmed into their .3dsx file to boot GW mode, I'm still using CN to get to the menu, then select my option from there.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
(looks incomplete, so GW is probably safe for now)
Afaik it's complete, but Normmatt gave up on his plan to make an Acekard flasher that could be run as a .3dsx homebrew. He also mentioned that ntrcardhax works on HW44, so not sure why this release doesn't support it.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
so guys, they mention 10.3 support.

do they mean from there to downgrade to 9.2? or that 10.3 sysNAND would be supported and load the GW card? MultiSelect GW in 10.3 sysNAND etc.?

or do they just mean downgrade from 10.3?
if they would support 10.3 , that would mean we could update our sysNAND to 10.3 nay?

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so guys, they mention 10.3 support.

do they mean from there to downgrade to 9.2? or that 10.3 sysNAND would be supported and load the GW card? MultiSelect GW in 10.3 sysNAND etc.?

or do they just mean downgrade from 10.3?
if they would support 10.3 , that would mean we could update our sysNAND to 10.3 nay?
We aren't sure yet. Their prior statements don't help much either, as they have both mentioned a downgrade as well as 10.3 support, so we aren't sure if their "10.3 support" is really the downgrade.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
LOL, and, yesterday only I asked 'em about A9LH by mail.. is it a coincidence? :O

Last edited by KJ1,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5