Gateway question...

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by jastolze, Mar 18, 2017.

1. jastolze
    OP

jastolze GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2012
    United States
    I apologize if this has been asked before but I'm a little confused on some gateway things.

Oh, and I am only wanting my Gateway to function. I do not want to install CFW, I realize its probably better but i like using the 3ds format.

Anyways, can I use 3DNus to update my emunand to a specific firmware? If so, can I install the cia with any CIA installer or does it need to be FBI? I only ask because as of now, 11.3 emunand isn't supported.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: sorry i posted in the wrong Subforum...

Last edited by jastolze, Mar 18, 2017
  2. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2007
    as of right now you do not need 11.3 if you are in 11.2 you are good so do not worry

3. jastolze
    OP

jastolze GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2012
    United States
    I don't currently have emunand. I was asking if I can manually update my GW emunand by installing a 3dnus firmware cia. Or will that brick my sysnand?

4. proflayton123

proflayton123 悲しみ

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    GW currently doesn't support 11.3 emuNAND, updating your sysNAND will leave you SOL. What method are you using to boot into GW Mode? MSET?

5. jastolze
    OP

jastolze GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2012
    United States
    I'm on 4.5, so I guess that's MSET? I heard you can update your GW Emunand with firmware specific CIA files. Or does that only affect sysnand?

6. proflayton123

proflayton123 悲しみ

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    So you haven't fully set up your GW or what? I'm not sure how they even work >>

jastolze likes this.
  7. jastolze
    OP

jastolze GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2012
    United States
    I formatted my emunand. So I technically don't have an emunand at the moment. Do you know if I can boot into gateway mode, then run a cia installer to install a firmware cia? I'm a little confused right now.