Gateway Question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by serving, May 2, 2015.

1. serving
    OP

serving GBAtemp Regular

Jul 12, 2007
    United States
    so my gateway came and i set everything up on my new 3ds and unink my emunand and sysnand now im about to dl some cia and wanted to know some few things

1.can i use dlc cia i dled with my retail games?
    2.can i use update that install from cia with my retail games
    3.can i still install legit cia even tho i unlink my emunand and sysnadn if so how?

bigbluebox or fbihax which is better for installing cia

and do i have to be on the latest emunand to play games online like smash or mh

ty in advance

2. alantgw

alantgw Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2014
    Hong Kong
    1.no
    2.afaik, no as classic mode doesn't support cias
    3.not sure about what you are asking, but you can always install legit cia regardless whether you have unlinked sysnand and emunand

You won't need to be in the latest emunand to play online, but you would need the latest patch of the game itself , which you can either download from eshop or download from others as cias, to go online

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    1. Not with GW, there's a way with Palantine CFW or PBT-CFW but those are buggy and it's easier to back up your games and run them from the GW cart.
    2. I don't think so.
    3. Hold B while booting GW mode on the latest launcher and it will boot into sysNAND instead of emuNAND then you can install legit CIAs onto sysNAND.