Hacking GATEWAY PUBLIC RELEASE 2.6

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
OMG! do you think there is anyway to transfer my EUR save to USA?!
I downloaded EUR to try out the game and I fell in love with it... i would kill to be able to purchase the game (USA) and continue with my save and buy the DLC.

same here!
Habbert

You could try.

1. Create Save from USA
2. Make Backup from EUR
3. Make Backup from USA
4. Transfer EUR (first save slot is 0) _fl_ext0.fsd & fl_ext0.fsd to USA
5. Import Backup from USA

50:50 chance to work ;)

I'll definitely give it a shot.

KennyMckormick

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...this past day has been fun.

I know that there have been some users who have shared a picture of devmen on their home screen. I want to share the applications which I installed when the 2.6 release was announced.

notes :
- I did NOT use govanify's devmenu
- The generic icon is the CEC Box Tool
- The 3DS Sound channel is a channel that I picked up from a Japanese 3DS update...using my US system
- All applications work as they should

How did you managed to install the savefiler.cia and which devmenu did you install?

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which SDK version are those tools from? Did you have to repack them?

fwiw
DevMenu = 2.3.4
Config = 2.3.4
SaveDataFiler = 5.2.2
Cec Box Tool = 5.2.2
Network Setting = 5.2.2
...and as for the 3DS Sound Channel that isn't a dev tool. I picked it up from a retail Japanese update.
other dev tools will probably work but I didn't find any of them really interesting so I only tried those 5.

They need to be repacked. It wasn't hard. I may try to repack some SampleDemos I got from a friend a few months ago.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
GREAT NEWS! I can confirm switching to a 8gb or smaller microSD card successfully loads the devMenu. This fixes the "Card Removed" Error The 3DS Sd size does not effect the issue, though the size used for Gateway's redCard does. json, any idea why this works?

Reactions: Margen67

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
you can run any of the leaked sdk .csu files from the Gateway Menu renamed to .3ds, save data filler, friend adder etc, as for the 3ds sound app, must come preinstalled here as its on my emuNAND

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fwiw
DevMenu = 2.3.4
Config = 2.3.4
SaveDataFiler = 5.2.2
Cec Box Tool = 5.2.2
Network Setting = 5.2.2
...and as for the 3DS Sound Channel that isn't a dev tool. I picked it up from a retail Japanese update.
other dev tools will probably work but I didn't find any of them really interesting so I only tried those 5.

They need to be repacked. It wasn't hard. I may try to repack some SampleDemos I got from a friend a few months ago.

I tried, but it crashs after start, could you post how you repacked them?

This didn't work:

makerom -f cia -target t -desc app:3 -icon icon.bin -banner banner.bin -exefslogo -code code.bin -exheader exheader.bin -rsf SaveDataFiler.rsf -o SaveDataFiler.cia

:/

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
fwiw
DevMenu = 2.3.4
Config = 2.3.4
SaveDataFiler = 5.2.2
Cec Box Tool = 5.2.2
Network Setting = 5.2.2

I tried using ctr_makecia32 on a csu and it didnt work.. it converted fine, just throws same error as before .. did you have to edit the access descriptors? if so how? they are signed.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
fwiw
DevMenu = 2.3.4
Config = 2.3.4
SaveDataFiler = 5.2.2
Cec Box Tool = 5.2.2
Network Setting = 5.2.2

I already tried to repack SaveDataFiler.csu from 5.2.2 into a CIA but it won't even install. What tools did you use? Did you use the CSU? (I believe the CIA is encrypted with dev keys?)

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
GREAT NEWS! I can confirm switching to a 8gb or smaller microSD card successfully loads the devMenu. This fixes the "Card Removed" Error The 3DS Sd size does not effect the issue, though the size used for Gateway's redCard does. json, any idea why this works?

Pretty sure this is false. I'm running Dev Menu on a 64 GB Red Card.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I totally forgot to show the applications running. Any idiot can install them and have them crash before they even get to work. I did say they worked but I'm not particularly well known/respected so I think I should post at least a few more pictures.

Some examples (spoilered because the images are a bit large when they're lined up) :
1zv4uww.jpg

2uh2w5w.jpg

2r40g9i.jpg

23v1636.jpg

I'd post a picture of Config and NetSet too but neither can be suspended and they don't look much different than the ones shown in 3DBrew. I think the Japanese 3DS Sound uses the English banner and icon because my 3DS' language is set to english, or maybe it's because of my region. I know that developers definitely do have the ability to change the banner and icon per region (usually for text only though).

EDIT:

I already tried to repack SaveDataFiler.csu from 5.2.2 into a CIA but it won't even install. What tools did you use? Did you use the CSU? (I believe the CIA is encrypted with dev keys?)
The tools I used aren't public. They're not Nintendo's tools either. I did use the CSU.

I tried using ctr_makecia32 on a csu and it didnt work.. it converted fine, just throws same error as before .. did you have to edit the access descriptors? if so how? they are signed.
ctr_makecia32 won't work the same way for retail lol I didn't need to edit the permissions. In fact govanify's edits were unnecessary at least on gateway...I didn't even want to touch on the cfw he stole so I have no idea if those edits were needed for the cfw.

guardianx71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I use a 32 GB microsd exfat on gateway and a 16GB sd card on 3ds and all is working perfectly with devmenu

Reactions: cearp and Queno138

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I totally forgot to show the applications running. Any idiot can install them and have them crash before they even get to work. I did say they worked but I'm not particularly well known/respected so I think I should post at least a few more pictures.

Some examples (spoilered because the images are a bit large when they're lined up) :
1zv4uww.jpg

2uh2w5w.jpg

2r40g9i.jpg

23v1636.jpg

I'd post a picture of Config and NetSet too but neither can be suspended and they don't look much different than the ones shown in 3DBrew. I think the Japanese 3DS Sound uses the English banner and icon because my 3DS' language is set to english, or maybe it's because of my region. I know that developers definitely do have the ability to change the banner and icon per region (usually for text only though).

What can these other applications do for you, are they necessary?

also has anyone got this pack they could forward to me the link does not work anymore and it sounds just what i need:

Might as well post it here too https://mega.co.nz/#!709SEJrD!5kg83SClvZk6oR-q_XNDhsXiIk6A4s6akgkZxWcHPYI Put .3ds and xorpads in folder, drag and drop .3ds onto .bat file, get (hopefully) working .cia.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Pretty sure this is false. I'm running Dev Menu on a 64 GB Red Card.
I wonder what the issue is. It would not work for me using my 32GB card, but worked fine with a 4GB card. So I used the 4GB card to install the Devmenu.cia then switched back to the 32GB.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

1zv4uww.jpg

2uh2w5w.jpg

2r40g9i.jpg

23v1636.jpg

EDIT:

The tools I used aren't public. They're not Nintendo's tools either. I did use the CSU.

I'd prefer some instructions to repack the CSU files as installable CIAS over more pics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe a ghost writer?