Hacking Gateway or Sky3ds?

Nylxe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
We don't laugh but it sure is strange to see all this commotion about both cards. I think that for those people who can't just wait, buy the sky3ds. If you decide to see what gateway is going to launch then don't buy any of them and wait patiently. Gateway hasn't committed with any date.

cocoPika

Trophies
Website
sky3dsnewsinformation.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
@OP

I'll just leave this here:

25ugs3o.jpg

Blue Pill: Sky3DS

Red Pill: Gateway

Hint: Neo took the red pill ;)

what does it means?
blue cards can let you play 9.4.0-21 now, you are in the true wonderland, though gateway still in wonderlamd

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what does it means?
blue cards can let you play 9.4.0-21 now, you are in the true wonderland, though gateway still in wonderlamd

I think it refers to the idea that Gateway fans are in wonderland thinking their update will come out today every day for the past month or so, while those in the real world are actually playing games without the use of any magic rabbit holes.

That's just one interpretation, though.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question... Is there a point for me getting Gateway. I dont know how to do homebrew stuff.

Can I use a gateway to just put 3ds games in and play without screwing around with the DS?

I have 9.4 btw..

8.1 on my daughters 3DS

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question... Is there a point for me getting Gateway. I dont know how to do homebrew stuff.

Can I use a gateway to just put 3ds games in and play without screwing around with the DS?

No one knows what exploit may be used or how long until it's released.

If you just want pure 3DS games from your region, Sky3DS might be a good choice for you.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one knows what exploit may be used or how long until it's released.

If you just want pure 3DS games from your region, Sky3DS might be a good choice for you.

I have a sky3ds for me and my wife already.....

but it doesnt hurt to have a gateway aswell;)

baker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

You can take a look at the video on their website to have an idea of how it works.

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly the biggest thing that sky has over gateway is simply the fact that you don't have to be on a specific firmware to use it. I've been on 7.2 for ages now and only just hearing that gateway will "gradually work their way down to lower version" (not that I'm in marketing but gradually is NOT the word you want to use for updates). So on the gateway I would have to wait an unknown amount of time to PERHAPS use it, whereas with sky I can just get it and done.

Reactions: Thomas12345

abaddon41_80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty content to wait for Gateway, personally, but my younger brother wants to play games now. He already updated his 3DS to 9.4. He isn't going to care about the homebrew or region-free features and I don't think he will care if he has to buy a new card when games that require higher than 9.4 for online play eventually come out. That will probably be months from now at the earliest and an $85 investment over six months is only $14 a month. Not a bad price for as many 3DS games as you want. I ordered a Sky3DS for him and a Gateway for myself.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm pretty content to wait for Gateway, personally, but my younger brother wants to play games now. He already updated his 3DS to 9.4. He isn't going to care about the homebrew or region-free features and I don't think he will care if he has to buy a new card when games that require higher than 9.4 for online play eventually come out. That will probably be months from now at the earliest and an $85 investment over six months is only $14 a month. Not a bad price for as many 3DS games as you want. I ordered a Sky3DS for him and a Gateway for myself.

Smart choice considering all the games that have been released so far, a Sky3DS would be the only and the best choice for him (sadly).

abaddon41_80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am curious as to what game currently requires the newest firmware to go online, though. Knowing that would help me to have an estimate for when he would have to get a new card, providing the Sky3DS is blocked eventually like most seem to think it will be.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I am curious as to what game currently requires the newest firmware to go online, though. Knowing that would help me to have an estimate for when he would have to get a new card, providing the Sky3DS is blocked eventually like most seem to think it will be.

actually you can play online on any firmware as long as it supports the game but the catch is that you need a TU to go online... from eshop. Thats where GW with its .cia file features come in because you can install the TU as a .cia file without the need to enter eshop.

Ming

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi guys,

We just purchased a new 3DS XL with system version 6.20-12U.
do i need to manually update it to use gateway 3ds or leave as is and use sky 3ds?
thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica