GBATemp OldFag
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Look at the features that Gateway has to offer, compare to what Sky3DS has to offer, make a decision, it's really simple, you don't need anyone else's opinion.

Edit **

You're basically provoking fanboys to a war, like the guy below my post.
Not trying to double post but one I didn't provoke anything this is an opinion based thread and two if members are so immature that they want to fight the mods will handle it, I don't think essentially telling someone to keep their worries to themselves will resolve immaturity

Reactions: Ra1d

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wait a week or two for dstwo+ to see what type of card it is. maybe itll be a hybrid of gateway and sky or something new altogether. the smart thing to do would be to wait to compare.

dandymanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
If you bought your N3DS to play 3DS games now, then getting a Sky3ds would let you play those 3DS games now. Gateway currently doesn't support the N3DS so it's not an option for now.

ApolloCheese

the shy guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have both, sky and gw, and they're both great. I use gw on my old XL 4.5 and sky on my n3ds XL 9.0. going back to my old 3ds is a pain as i only want to play on the n3ds. The biggest problem for me are the saves cause they're not compatible. the biggest advantage of the sky is, that no exploit is needed to be loaded. just power on and start to play. it even remembers the last game played so no need to cycle through each time. i am really tempted to system transfer 3ds > n3ds and update (needed) to 9.5. who knows when gateway finally arrives on n3ds and if sky will be working on 9.6.

a1425367898

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It depend on how much patience you have.
GW is highly recommoned. But at this moment GW still couldn't work on New 3DS.

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Sky3ds for the average 12 year old end-user pirate. Gateway 3ds for the more mature, advanced user.
This is not helping. Look bottom line is I bought a n3ds because I accidently updated my sysnand on my xl and figured this would be easier once gateway releases their exploit, the only reason I wonuldnt consider a sky3ds is because gateway is actually a tool capable of backups

Edit: I have a dstwo and am very happy with it but I hope that supercars has more features than sky like band backups and maybe even hijacking emunand for their own use

joeh1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both, sky and gw, and they're both great. I use gw on my old XL 4.5 and sky on my n3ds XL 9.0. going back to my old 3ds is a pain as i only want to play on the n3ds. The biggest problem for me are the saves cause they're not compatible. the biggest advantage of the sky is, that no exploit is needed to be loaded. just power on and start to play. it even remembers the last game played so no need to cycle through each time. i am really tempted to system transfer 3ds > n3ds and update (needed) to 9.5. who knows when gateway finally arrives on n3ds and if sky will be working on 9.6.

This is my situation. Almost exactly. The old 3ds has the ambassador games as well as Zelda 4 swords, and I'm always getting the itch to do a system transfer over.

Reactions: ApolloCheese

Gumdoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both, a GW in my 4.5 3DS and Sky in my 9.0 N3DS. I'm perfectly happy running Sky on my N3DS, can play all the games I have right now. I prefer the GW interface and features, so if the day comes where my GW will work with the N3DS, then I'll probably switch over at that time. Nice to have the best of both worlds.

Sharpzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just purchased Sky3DS a couple days back before looking up that Nintendo was banning people who were trying to use online with public headers. Now I regret it since I want to use online features >.>

Oh well it was my own fault.,. Gateway did tell the people to hold on for 9.2 support but I was impatient and updated to 9.4 and now 9.5 ¬.¬

On a side note, Is it possible to use online on Sky3DS yet?

Sendel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just purchased Sky3DS a couple days back before looking up that Nintendo was banning people who were trying to use online with public headers. Now I regret it since I want to use online features >.>

Oh well it was my own fault.,. Gateway did tell the people to hold on for 9.2 support but I was impatient and updated to 9.4 and now 9.5 ¬.¬

Yes with a private header.

Reactions: Adeka

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Always possible if you want to risk a ban with a public header

Reactions: Sendel

ApolloCheese

the shy guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Online is possible but you should use private headers to minimize the chance of a ban. No one knows why people were banned exactly (except big n) but most of them seem to be unbanned now.

Sharpzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Too bad I have no means of making game backups unless PowerSaves can do something lmao.

Edit: Remembered my other 3ds is on 9.2 so I can use my own private headers with Gateway launcher.dat :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far