Hacking Gateway on o3DS 7.1

KahirDragoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, i just bought a Gateway card since i read that in now works on 9.2 and lower. Like mentioned in the title i have an o3DS with 7.1.0-15E. Never used an exploit on a 3DS before. I tried to use the web exploit mentioned in the Gateway manual but it doesnt work. SD card is set up like its shown in the screenshot, meaning the starter pack was copied to the root in addidtion to the launcher.dat from the Firmware GW 3.7.1 package. DNS changed to 107.211.140.065.
I opened the url in the browser, lick on the right part in the slider and press => yellow screen and after a few seconds an error message pops up saying that there was an error.
After searching i found https://gbatemp.net/threads/yellows8s-browserhax-thread.398132. It seems the Homebrew launcher doesnt seem to work with anything lower than 9.0. But it was also stated in the later pages that the exploit doesnt seem to be working with the newer firmwares either because of some forced update when opening the browser or something like that. Browser works fine for me without the need to update.

So what would be the best course of action now for me to be able to use Gateway? Upgrade to 9.x and hope it works? When yes, how to do that? Or are there other ways? Or am im just an idiot, did everything works with my firmware?

Help appreciated :).

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you CANT get into gateway mode at all? you cant put the launcher in your SD card and go to the website?

KahirDragoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have put the homebrew starter kit recommend in their manual into the root of my SD card. Then i copied the launcher.dat from the GW 7.3.1 Beta package there to. I can open the website for the browserhax fine. But after clicken on the slider and pressing A the touchscreen turns yellow and he browser crahses and a generic error message pops up.
So I cant get into the Homebrew Launcher. But it looks i can go into Gateway mode with the method in the video cooroxd posted. So im gonna downgrade my DS to 4.5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"