Gateway Not Loading, Getting Black Screen After Motherboard Swap

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by SuperJosh64, Dec 10, 2016.

1. SuperJosh64
    OP

SuperJosh64 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2016
    United States
    Hi, I swapped motherboards from a unbanned n3ds xl to my banned one and the unbanned motherboard has gateway cfw and the banned one had luma a9lh and gateway at the same time. Every time I load gateway via ds profile exploit it shows the gateway logo then gives me a black screen. I'm using the same micro sd card. Can someone please help me!

2. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    I guess that the emuNAND is readable only on the banned mobo if you use the same SD card as you say.

3. samiam144

samiam144 RĂ©gulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    This may sound simple but by "using the same micro SD card" do you mean the GW SD? Did you switch the regular SD card too? The emunand must match the nand as far as I know so if you haven't switched the cards or switched the emunands then the emunand won't launch.

4. SuperJosh64
    OP

SuperJosh64 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2016
    United States
    so what can i do?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Should I format the emunand

5. samiam144

samiam144 RĂ©gulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    Either you swap the SD cards or extract the emunand from both SD cards then inject them into the other SD card, along with everything else on the card.

6. SuperJosh64
    OP

SuperJosh64 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2016
    United States
    I fixed it all I had to do (but only in a last resort) was format the emunand Thanx for al your help!

samiam144 likes this.