Gateway no longer working after using R4i Gold (3ds)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by canvasch, Apr 28, 2016.

1. canvasch
    OP

canvasch Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2006
    United States
    FLORIDA Home of the BEST PIZZA
    I have a old 3ds xl with stock firmware of 4.2.0-9u and I've never had a problem with my gateway... it was last updated in march and everything was working fine.
    I recently got a r4i Gold to play my DS backups and that worked great and continues to do so....

However, when I put my gateway back in it will no longer boot. When I try to activate it through the settings and NDS Profile it takes me into the NDS Profile section instead of booting me into my emunand

has this happened to anyone before?
    what should I do?
    I fear that maybe my gateway card has stopped working, but the timing would be one hell of a coincidence...... thanks

2. zhdarkstar

zhdarkstar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    You need to reinstall the MSET exploit. You can run GWInstaller.nds from your R4i Gold.

cvskid likes this.
  3. canvasch
    OP

canvasch Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2006
    United States
    thank you, i will do this and update this thread afterwards. I really appreciate your kind, swift and informative response.

4. zhdarkstar

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    You're welcome! Glad to be of service!

5. canvasch
    OP

canvasch Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2006
    United States
    worked great and easy, i suppose i'll have to do that install everytime i want to switch over, which isn't a big deal... it took some time because the install froze during the first attempt, i gave it a good 15 mins before i repowered the 3ds and attempted it again, where it froze for a second time, but the third time was a charm and all is good in my world, thanks again.

cvskid likes this.
  6. zhdarkstar

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    If GWInstaller.nds freezes during installation, I find that closing and opening the 3DS causes the installation to resume and complete.

7. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    You might want to switch to another method to boot your gateway. Atleast Menuhax, to use your R4 easily.

8. canvasch
    OP

canvasch Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2006
    United States
    i'll try opening and closing the lid next time :)
    i'll look into Menuhax, I drive a semi and I don't often have time to get involved in the scene too deeply...
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited by canvasch, Apr 29, 2016