Gateway + Luma3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by wolfidroid, Aug 25, 2018.

1. wolfidroid
    OP

wolfidroid Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2018
    Israel
    I have a N2DS XL with luma3ds 9.1 and fastboot3ds and i am thinking of buying a gateway3ds. How do I use the gateway with Luma? I am on firmware version 11.7.0-40E.

2. Hunter

Hunter i'ma stuffup the board

Former Staff
    Nov 20, 2003
    Australia
    Melbourne, Australia
    it's a hard process that is not really worth it, you need to have an emunand with 11.3 and if you want online access, you need to frankenfirm it by installing selective modules

Lilith Valentine likes this.
  3. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ definitely not Lilith

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    Please don't waste your money on any 3DS flashcart. Gateway 3DS hasn't updated in 2 years and the team has since abandoned the cart for Stargate3DS (which they also abandoned right after the release.) It's honestly cheaper to buy a larger microSD card than it is to buy a Gateway 3DS, which is what I recommend doing.

Hunter likes this.
  4. wolfidroid
    OP

wolfidroid Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2018
    Israel
    so a flashcard isn't worth it. is there another way to get free games now that the 3ds title keys website doesn't work without searching for cias online?

5. Hunter

Hunter i'ma stuffup the board

Former Staff
    Nov 20, 2003
    Australia
    Melbourne, Australia
    if you google "that iso site" you'll find a source for games that you install via FBI

6. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ definitely not Lilith

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    Realistically what you said is counterintuitive. You still have to go through the same process of finding .3DS roms as you would to get .CIA ROMs. You are going to to have to get them from the same source regardless.
    A flashcart isn't worth it because all of them haven't updated to worth the price tag added on them. Whereas you can get a microSD for the same price (often cheaper) and accomplish the same results, but with better support.

Hunter likes this.