Hacking Gateway: Latest system update 8.x

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not exclusively, no. But I'm sure everyone who owns a gateway pirates or has pirated.
Chaos seems to think that if somebody owns a flashcart then they don't purchase retail games. I wonder how many 3DS games he bought? I bought 10 3DS games at retail, and continue buying them at retail, not second hand. May as well pirate if you are going to buy second hand, either way the devs aren't getting money from pirating or second hand sales. You are only stating the obvious piracy feature of the Gateway3ds. Of course everybody that buys it pirates games.

I just don't get the gateway other than piracy

Totally not worth the effort and spend imo. buy the games second hand or something :/

I think he was trolling, after all this is the 3ds hacking section.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just don't get the gateway other than piracy :S I mean why go through all this trouble every few months it would do my head in. Just buy your games like you should and enjoy the console.

I know region free, homebrew.. but the homebrew scene is fairly dead at the moment doubt many people if any actually use it for that anyway, region free not many games worth playing outside region you are in anyway.

Totally not worth the effort and spend imo. buy the games second hand or something :/
pay $20-40 per game or a one time fee of $60 (even less if you are too cheap and buy a clone) to play pretty much every single 3DS game
find a good source for rom dumps and there is very little effort thereafter

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Besides, who wants to carry around tons of their cartridges all the time when you could back them up once and put them on one sdcard.
Ah, yes, very much this as well. I simply cannot carry all my (3)DS game cartridges with me. It's much easier to just carry one.

Well I doubt anyone would pay upwards of 80 dollars just to hold backups. I have no doubt in my mind that everyone who bought one, bought it for piracy reasons (With the "backing up" deal mentioned, as well. - But piracy definitely played a part in everyone's decision to buy one. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.)
I actually take some offense to that. I have bought every single game that I enjoyed. Yes, I did pay the full price for a Gateway simply for the reasons I mentioned. I didn't buy it for free games.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, yes, very much this as well. I simply cannot carry all my (3)DS game cartridges with me. It's much easier to just carry one.

I actually take some offense to that. I have bought every single game that I enjoyed. Yes, I did pay the full price for a Gateway simply for the reasons I mentioned. I didn't buy it for free games.
Okay? I care that youre offended, why? Just stating an obvious truth.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay? I care that youre offended, why? Just stating an obvious truth.
Except that it's not a truth at all. Surely most people who use a Gateway (or similar) solely use it for piracy, but there are plenty of exceptions to that.

As for why you should care, I will not answer that. I am not here to raise you.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except that it's not a truth at all. Surely most people who use a Gateway (or similar) solely use it for piracy, but there are plenty of exceptions to that.

As for why you should care, I will not answer that. I am not here to raise you.

There's no way someone pays 80 dollars simply to use backups. Sorry.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There's no way someone pays 80 dollars simply to use backups. Sorry.
Because you won't do it nobody does it? Or how did you get this idea?

Anyway on topic:

I wonder how gateway surprises us the next time,i think the ability to install .cia files or cheat mode.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we take the piracy discussion to PM or something? I genuinely thought there new posts that were relevant to the topic. I can also just wait for BortzANATOR, don't matter to me. :-)

Edit: Didn't read ground's post right above mine before posting this. Yay!

ON TOPIC: Cheat mode would be awesome for keeping offline. I wouldn't go online with cheat mode though. Especially now that I've played Pokémon Y online through legitimate means, wouldn't want to have an unfair advantage. That's just me, though.

ichichfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can we take the piracy discussion to PM or something? I genuinely thought there new posts that were relevant to the topic. I can also just wait for BortzANATOR, don't matter to me. :-)

ON TOPIC: Cheat mode would be awesome for keeping offline. I wouldn't go online with cheat mode though. Especially now that I've played Pokémon Y online through legitimate means, wouldn't want to have an unfair advantage. That's just me, though.
lol if they do that for real there will be a patch to make cheats works online in about 5 days.

Reactions: IronClouds

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

well I don cheat neither, but it would be a cool thing to see though.

Reactions: IronClouds

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping that 8.0 with eshop will work. I want to buy things on the eshop and get the updates for carts I own. It sounds from their somewhat cryptic/language barrier-plagued message that this could possibly be introduced in a soon-to-be-released update.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol if they do that for real there will be a patch to make cheats works online in about 5 days.

Oh for sure; no doubt about it!

well I don cheat neither, but it would be a cool thing to see though.

Indeed. I used to use cheats in Pokémon all the time. But I always kept it offline because I'm just used to keeping all my consoles offline since most of them were used to play "backups," so it was just habit. But I don't see the point for me to start cheating online now, just not my thang.

I'm hoping that 8.0 with eshop will work. I want to buy things on the eshop and get the updates for carts I own. It sounds from their somewhat cryptic/language barrier-plagued message that this could possibly be introduced in a soon-to-be-released update.

This x100000

I'd like to be able to download any games patch that's in eShop so I'm prepared next time Nintendo releases an update

gigio2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I bought gateway for piracy. No regrets

61111-DrCox-deal-with-it-gif-scrubs-XgR3.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users