OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
xsherryboo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
so i bought a 3ds-xl today , i looked over the forums and i still cant find the info i need .
my question are :
does gateway run on firmware ver. 6.1.0-12u ?
is there anything i need to know before i purchase a gateway ?

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
no it doesnt
gateway team supposedly is working on it, but there is no way to say when or even if ever they manage to accomplish that

for now only on 4.1-4.5 firmwares

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright thanks for the info . is there any thing i should know about before i install gateway though ?

Updating emunand to the latest system up date will break it.

Always keep a System nand backup somewhere safe.

Classic mode plays retail games, with version spoofing so games that req higher FW will run fine.

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System nand is the 4.1-4.5 firmware you need. Well actually mand is a write-able chip(it is a chip right guys?) in your 3ds but only nintendo really knows how to do this for now. You can back it up though. Emunand is an emulated version of the nand that gateway loads from the big 3ds sd card. Its needed for eshop. However there are new encryption keys that gateway needs to finish sorting out and the new encryption keys break emunand

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
No offence but plenty of people play the "I heard from (insert team/reseller/Nintendo, that (insert very popular request here) will happen very soon........but I can't show you the proof.......so trust me" and 99% of the time is a load of rubbish

Reactions: ldeveraux

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Aha , my first days in gbatemp is so great , so nice to discuss to u guys ! :lol:

Mate I publish news on a website about hacking actuality, I see your kind of bullshit all the time on my news's commentaries, some guys thinking they know better spreading their bullshit theories as facts in hope some dumb shits will listen to them so they get the attention people don't usually give them and that they so much want, still we never see them publishing news, how odd ?

This might be true but if you don't have anything to prove it, you should just state it as a possibility not a fact and no, you stating you've been exchanging mails and not even copy/pasting or providing a screen capture is not a proof and even then an information coming from a reseller can't be taken 100% seriously and a copy/past or a screencapture can be false but that'd at least prove you're not trying to bullshit us hard...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Look it's ok to make mistakes but if you go around sayin "yay gateway will support 7.x sysnand in the next version, it is confirmed" you will likely cause a few people to rush off to buy a gateway.....then if it does turn out to be fake those people have wasted their money, it's hard enough making people understand that emunand and system nand are completely separate things without promises of unannounced features

If you have some feedback from a official reseller (a lot of unofficial resellers say so much rubbish to sell stuff that there would be a new thread every day, so no point discussing any input from unofficial resellers)but even from official resellers it is still classed as a rumour, but be prepared to post the proof your not just making stuff up

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thanks for sharing the email, but just having a look on the gateway site usar4.com is not listed as an official reseller ...that's not to say they couldn't have more info on the situation, but it would be more likely if the info came from a official reseller, but even then resellers often say random stuff to explain why there are delays etc it's easier to pass the blame to gateway than say sorry we took orders without having the stock and now we have to wait for more stock

Ok update on maxconsole
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...ng-the-rumor-about-the-2sd-generation-gateway

Basically they have changed factories for manufacturing, but there is no "new card" just a improved build quality which is why there has been delays in new stock for resellers

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look, this thread is not the place to "speculate" or discuss news about GW. I will remove any post that isnt helping the OP.

Edit, OP has his answers. Speculate elsewhere, preferably PMs.

Reactions: gamesquest1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.